yconic - Skule spirit at UofT Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Skule spirit at UofT Engineering

A photo of IronMan IronMan
Hey, I will be attending UofT Engineering class of 2015 and I would like to know about the Skule spirit and how to get involved ? some info about F!rosh week ? Thanks in advance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of steele steele
If the small taste of F!rosh Week that we were given at last Sunday's event is remotely similar to the real F!rosh Week, you can expect to be hoarse, possibly covered in shaving cream/other messy substances, hear lots of swearing, sex jokes and group cheers with involve both. There will also be some team building events, we had to build a dome out of newspaper and tape, play human tic tac toe, build a human pyramid, etc.

There will also probably be scavenger hunts with difficult items to find like "a blonde asian" or "a penguin", and maybe "a street sign" or "a tree" (those last two are easy to find, but difficult to bring back to get the points. There were people ripping trees out of the gardens outside Sanford Fleming.) Also, you may be yelling "this group sucks" a lot, while pointing at another group.

Of course, knowing the cheers is imperative, and after 2-5 minutes you will have

"What are we?
Engineers!
What do we drink?
Beer!
Who do we like?
Nurses!
Who do we hate?
Artsies!
Who's in charge?
We don't know!"

and

"We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the Engineers
We can, we can, we can, we can demolish forty beers
Drink rum, drink rum, drink rum, drink rum and come along with us
For we don't give a damn for any damn man who don't give a damn for us!"

completely memorized. Plus, all this happened in an event that is 0.01% of actual F!rosh week. So I'd be ready for way more when the actual event comes around!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey skype group for engineering class of 2015 operetional if you would like me to add you P.M me your skype name!! I am really looking forward for fr!osh week . By the way, any residence offer yet ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
Ok, will do!

Yeah, I got res at Chestnut. How about you?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ok! I am waiting for your message with your Skype name !! it will be fun to chat with everyone coming to UofT engineering next year in Skype!! anyway, I haven't received any residence offer yet!! I only mentioned Innis college residence as the one I want to live in but are they any further steps or should I just wait ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Robert52 Robert52

@IronMan wrote
. . . I would like to know about the Skule spirit . . .

As opposed to what?

The University of Toronto has a reputation for being like the city itself: full of people focused on business and study--not so much about fun. In general, Queens and Waterloo have the reputation for being bigger party universities.

The F!rosh activities were good enough for me. In fact, only one of those days was actually put on by engineering. The rest of F!rosh week activities were handled by the residences, in my case, New College. My "house" had something going on every day of the week, although I missed some of it because I was still in class when some of the "fun" started (like the streak through the Quad, which I am glad I missed).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AsianFail93 AsianFail93

@Robert52 wrote

@IronMan wrote
. . . I would like to know about the Skule spirit . . .

As opposed to what?

The University of Toronto has a reputation for being like the city itself: full of people focused on business and study--not so much about fun. In general, Queens and Waterloo have the reputation for being bigger party universities.

The F!rosh activities were good enough for me. In fact, only one of those days was actually put on by engineering. The rest of F!rosh week activities were handled by the residences, in my case, New College. My "house" had something going on every day of the week, although I missed some of it because I was still in class when some of the "fun" started (like the streak through the Quad, which I am glad I missed).

Waterloo being a party university...are you sure you don't mean Western or Laurier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0