yconic - Small Business Idea Suggestions?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Small Business Idea Suggestions?

A photo of vince1266 vince1266
Hi there. Possibly either this summer or on the weekends, I would like to run my own business on my spare time to earn a little bit of money. Could someone please give me some suggestions of a small-scale business idea that wouldn't take up too much time? Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of DoctorLawyerDentist DoctorLawyerDentist
Make an apple app.

Preferably, use bad, cartoon graphics. Rip off gameplay from proven, popular games such as maplestory. Make sure to offer a free version, a paid version, AND in app purchases on top of it. Also make sure to make supplies such as ammunition or health a consumable for more profitsss.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mfattal mfattal
check my thread it has a good idea :)

http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=3886
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vince1266 vince1266

@mfattal wrote
check my thread it has a good idea :)

http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=3886

That's probably easier said than done. To be a partner, it takes a lot of effort and you must make videos on a regular basis. Plus, you need to have a loyal fan-base. Getting 10,000 subscribers isn't very easy and this is usually something that would happen on a long-term basis
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of yhempler yhempler
Think of something that you are particularly good at. For example, do you know another language (you could start a translating service), are you good with web design (offer to do websites for people)?, are you good with people/selling (you can always do club promotions)?

Those are just a few ideas, but do whatever you love to do and figure out if there is potential for income. Check out the current market trends in your city and find out if what you have to offer is actually something that people need.

Even if what you love is watching movies, you can start a movie review blog and place Amazon Associates links throughout the review so people can buy the movie after they read your blog (you get commissions when people buy).
Was this helpful? Yes 0