yconic - Small Minded People
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Small Minded People

A photo of HeyBudd HeyBudd

@HeyBudd wrote
Think ahead universities are a SCAM !!! well not really :p ..

Please don't make us feel pity for your brother or yourself for underachieving.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Super Super

@HeyBudd wrote
Think ahead universities are a SCAM !!! well not really :p ..

Please don't make us feel pity for your brother or yourself for underachieving.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HeyBudd HeyBudd
Aha... clearly im just stating a point..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Siva100 Siva100
Sure there are always going to be successful people from every university or college. But as you go to more reputable universities, the amount of successful people increase. This is why we strive for prestigious institutions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@HeyBudd wrote
I swear to god none of ya'll probably can handle first year university unless you are capable of studying 24/7.

I don't know anyone who studies 25/7 in my program. Personally, I study 2 hours per week at the most and still maintain A average. If you are saying you can get the same opportunities at Ryerson as you can at Schulich or Queen's, you shouldn't go into consulting like your brother because this is the worse recommendation ever. >.>
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of computerengineer computerengineer
Umm, so I don't get the point of this. It is better to go to college than university because university is more challenging? It's not all about being really successful in the career you want to do. Isn't it also about challenging yourself and getting to know yourself better that way? Sorry if I missed your point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DanClark DanClark
If someone is smart enough to get into one of the best universities in the country AND either has the money to pay for it or is brilliant enough to get a scholarship... then, remind me what the problem is, again?
I'm sorry if you're so mediocre that you don't think it's worth it to make an extra effort for your future. It's okay to have your own opinions regarding the benefits of going to either a college or a university, but don't try to undermine the hard work and accomplishments of those who go to prestigious universities. Good luck earning minimum wage for the rest of your life.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sabrinachiu sabrinachiu

So far i have been reading posts on this forum. I see a lot of highschool students like myself debating on which university is the best for business, such like accounting, finance, etc...

People on this forum are sooooo damn small minded because they only care more about the "University" and leaves colleges on the side. I swear to god none of ya'll probably can handle first year university unless you are capable of studying 24/7. Students at my highschool who had 95 in physic, 91 in calculus are getting 50's in top prestigous universities. Think ahead universities are a SCAM !!! well not really :p .. but what im just saying is set goals for yourselves.. Know where you want to go after university. make tons of connections.. Im telling you my brother worked as a Consultant for Deliotte and he went to ryerson.. YOu don't want to be a "staff accountant" or "consultant" all your lifetime.. Chartered Accountant is a certificate because it opens up options."Rotman" Schulich" Queens" is like a nike logo ... dont get fooled by the name.. go to a small university or a college get like a high gpa, know where you want to, get certifications, make tons of connections.. Thats all i gotta say..

^What a small minded troll lol. You shouldn't be trying to talk people out of their goals. And not handling first year university? You're kidding me right? I know a lot of people who are doing just fine. All you need is good time-management skills and be dedicated to your work.
Was this helpful? Yes 0