yconic - Smaller, tight knit universities? Also reviews on other Universities...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Smaller, tight knit universities? Also reviews on other Universities...

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I want to hear about some smaller universities... just wondering what some are.

ALSO, I want to hear all of your thoughts,opinions and experiences with these universities:

UVIC
Queens
Acadia
Bishops
UBCO
U of Calgary
UofA

thanks y'all :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
I went to the U of A for mechanical engineering. It's not small. What do you want to know?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LaurierPoliComm LaurierPoliComm
You want small, close-knit, but then you have Queen's in your list. True small universities are like Bishop's, UNBC, most out east, and Laurier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
The two questions had no relation, I wasnt suggesting those uni's on the list were small.

I was just wondering anything really... school spirit, social scene, how much does living in Edmonton suck? :P

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
^ Have you ever lived in Edmonton? A city is a city. I'm living in Toronto right now and I really don't find it that different. If anything I'm more bored because most of my friends and all of my family live in Edmonton. A place is about the people that live there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
I go to Trent. I like that I can talk about someone, and other people will mostly know who that is, especially within my program. It's a very close community and if you go out to any of the Peterborough hot spots you're guaranteed to run into someone you know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sabby597 sabby597
depends what you mean by small, and what's too small for you. i go to york university's smaller, bilingual campus (at a totally separate location) 45 minutes away. it has only about 2500 students, so i definitely think it's one of the smallest campus' although it's not a separate univversity from York (but most people at my school often feel that it is, because we're at a completely different place).

my opinions:

well i like small places, im not a fan of huge schools, so my choice fit me perfectly :)
it depends what you like, i know some people at my school feel that it's too small and they get "a high school feel" from it, but i personally couldnt see myself being somewhere any bigger, it's the perfect size from me.

i like that i always see someone i know wherever i go (in the caf, library, walking down the halls...etc) it's definitely more intimate and since the class sizes are so small, you can actually talk to a lot of your profs, which is cool.

i find that you can get to know the majority of the sutdents since there arent tht many ;) which i think is really good for your social life etc...

if you want a small experience like that glendon might fit you, or somewhere of similar size, i believe that bishop's is around the same size? then there's schools that are slightly bigger like trent in peterborough ontario. or laurier has about 12000-15000 students i think which is a medium size i guess

i don't know where you're from but i mostly just know about ontario universities. i know that queen's has 20,000 people, which is certainly not small, but it's a highly reputable and respected school (in ontario at least)a pretty good choice i'd say :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0