yconic - Smartness, intelligence, and wiseness
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Smartness, intelligence, and wiseness

A photo of Stranger Stranger
Those are all subjective, but what do they mean to you?
Do you consider yourself smart/intelligent/wise and to what degree?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion
Is wiseness even a word?

To me, smart and intelligent are completely interchangeable. They can refer to knowledge, competence, or just common sense. But wisdom refers more to what you've learned from life experiences, and how you apply it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Zion wrote
Is wiseness even a word?

To me, smart and intelligent are completely interchangeable. They can refer to knowledge, competence, or just common sense. But wisdom refers more to what you've learned from life experiences, and how you apply it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wiseness
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@g93 wrote
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wiseness

Sounds awkward nonetheless. I'll stick to wisdom.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I use smart and intelligent interchangeably. Could refer to academic/street/athletic/interpersonal intelligence. I'd say I have academic and interpersonal smarts. Wouldn't consider myself wise though, I really don't think anyone under 30 can claim that, it comes with age and life experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@inthemaking wrote
I use smart and intelligent interchangeably. Could refer to academic/street/athletic/interpersonal intelligence. I'd say I have academic and interpersonal smarts. Wouldn't consider myself wise though, I really don't think anyone under 30 can claim that, it comes with age and life experience.

+ 1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Smartness leads to intelligence and intelligence leads to wisdom young Padawan.
Was this helpful? Yes 0