yconic - so confused...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

so confused...

A photo of KitaKat KitaKat
So Ill be graduating this following year and Im starting to apply for collages and universities, but Im having trouble with what Im going to do I got a few options...
A) Medical Laboratory Technician (3-year waiting list 3 year course) total cost for this school is 12,000$
B) Medical Laboratory Assistant (already accepted 1 year course) total cost 13,000$! (really expensive)
or C) go to university and do forensics which I really dont want to do, might be really expensive ...

what do you think... should I go with (B) and pay more for a career that would pay as mush as the other 2?
Or go with (A) and end up being on up to a 3-year wait list :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of OliviaWagner OliviaWagner
I think you should go for medical lab technician course. Their are a lot of opportunities pouring in this field. And this would be a better paid job also. You can try in other colleges also for this, hopefully you can find a place there. There are many colleges providing medical lab tech course at a much lower cost Only you need to decide what career you want to pursue, keeping aside all other factors.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KitaKat KitaKat
thanks Ireally want to wait and go for the MLT course but I have a trust fund and if I dont go to school the first year chances are my dad will draw out my trust fund :(

And theres only one school that offers the MLT course in my area, would really want to move away. I might just apply for a loan and try to get a scholarship and go to the school I got accepted into :I
Was this helpful? Yes 0