yconic - so how good is Waterloo's FARM anyway?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

so how good is Waterloo's FARM anyway?

A photo of jasonty9 jasonty9
I just heard from my dad that this program is too focus and there are too few jobs available?
Is that true?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Yeah, Math/FARM sounds like a really sexy program by its name but it's really not that great. It doesn't offer many benefits over just doing Honours Math other than a couple reserved courses which if you asked politely, could probably take in Honours Math anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StochasticSeeker StochasticSeeker
As someone in FARM, I'm not too sure what you mean by too focused. We offer two streams and the courses in the program cover a wide range of finance related fields including accounting, statistics, computation mathematics, optimization, computer science and economics to name a few.

Also, the program is great if you want to prepare for either a CFA designation or a PRM.

@immaculatedx: I would disagree based on the variety of courses taken, the recognition by employers in the co-op program and overall flexibility to combine with other financial programs. However, if you're not into finance (or maths in general), it might not be the best choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0