yconic - So I screwed up.. average dropped 5 percent, will I...?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

So I screwed up.. average dropped 5 percent, will I...?

A photo of Blistex Blistex
Get into McMaster's Business Program?
I was at an 86.7 before midterms, and now with midterms I'm at an 81.66 -___-' I screwed up.

Brock is probably going to change my offer to BBA since my average dropped

but what are my chanced of getting into macs business program with this average? Is it possible to have a late offer?

thanks guys
Was this helpful? Yes 0
21 replies

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed

@Blistex wrote
Get into McMaster's Business Program?
I was at an 86.7 before midterms, and now with midterms I'm at an 81.66 -___-' I screwed up.

Brock is probably going to change my offer to BBA since my average dropped

but what are my chanced of getting into macs business program with this average? Is it possible to have a late offer?

thanks guys

They still look at marks after you're done your exams right? Just increase your mark again through exams. It's not the easiest way to do it but it's possible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

No apparently McMaster doesn't look at marks after finals. Just to make sure you're above the average for your conditional and for shcolarships.

Do I have a chance atleast one week before the deadline? lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BitKosta BitKosta
Do you have excellent EC's? They tend to help a lot
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well the thing is, McMaster's business program is solely grades based. The extra curriculars won't help I believe
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imback imback

@Blistex wrote
Well the thing is, McMaster's business program is solely grades based. The extra curriculars won't help I believe

I wouldn't worry too much. Every university looks at your final marks. If they didn't, they could run the risk of letting in kids who dropped their averages by 20%, so just boost your marks up. Also, you only need an 80 min to get into Mcmaster and the competitive average was 83, so you're still good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

thanks imback, the thing is last year I read on SA that someone got in with an 81.33, so Im hoping that I'll be like them and get in with an 81.66 lol ahh
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

anyone have any idea what my chances are?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sefear Sefear
Applied to the same schools as you Blistex, did the same thing and now my average is also an 81.66. I just called up the admissions office today and they told me your pre-requisites are counted towards the average they look at, regardless of whether they're in your top 6 or not, don't know if that puts you in a better or worse situation. Anyways good luck man we're going to have to hope for the best
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Sefear wrote
Applied to the same schools as you Blistex, did the same thing and now my average is also an 81.66. I just called up the admissions office today and they told me your pre-requisites are counted towards the average they look at, regardless of whether they're in your top 6 or not, don't know if that puts you in a better or worse situation. Anyways good luck man we're going to have to hope for the best

Hey Sefear, yea I did know my pre reqs are in my top six, and yet its still at 81.66 ughh. Yea, good luck to you too.

When I called admissions they said it'll be possible near the end of may towards the deadline if they lower the cutoffs to fill in space.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bossofbosses Bossofbosses
mac didn't accept you first round with an 86?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Bossofbosses wrote
mac didn't accept you first round with an 86?

Nope they didnt because my school didn't send it in time they were giving the offers... which sucks alot lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sefear Sefear
* Never mind my average is 81.5% with my pre-reqs, so your ahead of me on that list Blistex. My school isn't sending mid-terms out until the 30th, the wait is killing me.. Let me know how you make out with the 81.66. Heres hoping it works out for us
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Sefear wrote
* Never mind my average is 81.5% with my pre-reqs, so your ahead of me on that list Blistex. My school isn't sending mid-terms out until the 30th, the wait is killing me.. Let me know how you make out with the 81.66. Heres hoping it works out for us

Yea its the waiting game for both of us now. Good luck to you and lets hope we both get in (yn) you're only .1 away from my average anyways haha :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TooSmooth TooSmooth
My marks have drop quite a bit as well from 93%...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@TooSmooth wrote
My marks have drop quite a bit as well from 93%...

sucks alot doesnt it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bossofbosses Bossofbosses
Firstly, you will NOT get demoted from Brock accounting to BBA, unless you fail to achieve a measly 75%. Plus, you still have a chance at Mac.

From what I've heard, Mac isn't really clear on cutoffs, but the admissions entry vary from 81%-84% in 2011. Therefore, if there are many qualified students that applied to this program, you might not get in. However, they are sending out tons of acceptances, because not everyone accepts to their offers. Keep your fingers crossed :p, but it's not the end of the world ha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bossofbosses wrote
Firstly, you will NOT get demoted from Brock accounting to BBA, unless you fail to achieve a measly 75%. Plus, you still have a chance at Mac.

From what I've heard, Mac isn't really clear on cutoffs, but the admissions entry vary from 81%-84% in 2011. Therefore, if there are many qualified students that applied to this program, you might not get in. However, they are sending out tons of acceptances, because not everyone accepts to their offers. Keep your fingers crossed :p, but it's not the end of the world ha.

yea I called to ask about cutoffs and they said they dont tell that to students :S they just give a range. And yea I'm hoping to get in around the end, last year someone got in with an 81.3 lol, so hopefully I have a chance with an 81.6 this year (yn)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DecaPresident DecaPresident
Tell me about it.. My grade 12 average of 79 is the lowest throughout all my years in highschool. I also want to get into Mac Business1 but the chances don't look too good. There is no way I will get into Laurier BBA, so Mac business is the only hope I have of going into a decent program. If not, then hello Brock lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0