yconic - So midterms just got sent out and I did pretty poorly...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

So midterms just got sent out and I did pretty poorly...

A photo of 420thuglyfe 420thuglyfe
Physics was the last mark that I needed for this semester and all my other 5 marks are pretty solid (90+). I slipped up really hard on Physics though and got low 70s. I applied to Waterloo Systems Design engineering, and my top 6 average is still around 88~89, but my physics mark is really low. Will this affect whether or not I get my acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
With a name like "420thuglyfe", you don't deserve to get accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of computerengineer computerengineer
Comeon guys. Stop acting like little kids and answer the question. TO the OP: I think your chances are hurt ALOT because of the poor physics mark. Systems design requirement is high 80s. And it is also possible that the uni pays particular attention to physics and math marks, since it is most related to the field I am guessing. So, I would say you have a decent shot right now. If you get rejected, maybe you could try to email the uni and bring your physics mark up for the finals.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IneedHalp IneedHalp
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Waterloo Systems Design engineering sounds a lot like industrial engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 420thuglyfe 420thuglyfe

@Anonymous wrote
With a name like "420thuglyfe", you don't deserve to get accepted.

That's alright, at least I can spot a joke when I see it. Enjoy Honours Science!

Back on topic - I plan to bring my mark up as high as possible by finals, but you have to confirm your attendance to a university by June 1st, and the final marks don't come out until late June/early July. Even if I manage to bring it up to an 80, will that have any bearing on my acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RossGemaco RossGemaco
@Syfly
Are you implying that people who enjoy inhaling cannabis shouldnt get accepted to university? Drugs are a huge part of any culture. Smart people can use drugs too. Aparently Francis Crick, co-founder of the double helix model was on LSD when he came up with it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of sascer520 sascer520
Yea try to email them afterwards and explain your situation. Who knows, if your AIF is really good, they might still take you. And they may also base it on your grade 11 performance in physics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0