yconic - So... What courses did YOU take in Grade 11 and/or Grade 12?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

So... What courses did YOU take in Grade 11 and/or Grade 12?

A photo of SimpleThings SimpleThings
[size=6] Once again, it's course selection season and I'm (unfortunately) quite flustered over choosing my courses. I'm worried if i'll choose a course that I will not benefit from. So, I would like to know what courses you guys took in your Grade 11/12 year.

1) What were the courses you took in grade 11/12 (or currently taking if you're in grade 11/12)? And if possible, what marks did you get in each course?
2) What courses would you recommend taking in Grade 11/12?
3) Add further tips/details (:

I'm in grade 10 and I'm currently choosing my courses for grade 11 (due early next week), and i would like to get into a business program after high school.

These are the courses I am *most* likely going to end up choosing for sure for Grade 11:
English (ENG3U1), Functions (MCR3U1), Accounting (BAF3M1), Economics (CIE3M1), Law (CLU3M1)

These courses are not finalized yet but what other courses would you recommend me taking? (3 more spots to fill) :tongue:
THANKS!! [/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of caveman caveman
Take the courses that will lead to the prerequisites for the program. Other than that, take what you are interested in and what will challenge you. You could take what gets you easy marks, but go for learning something if possible. But it doesn't really matter at all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mythao1693 mythao1693
Hi there,

I think taking courses depends on your interest, strong points, and your faculty at university in the future.

In grade 11-12, you should take English, Math, PE(it helps u in Grad-Transition course for graduation), Chemistry/Physics(you should choose either Chem or Physics; I prefer Chem cuz I'm good at Chemistry), Geography/History/Law, Food Safe (if you intend to apply for any part-time job in the future, you should take this course at school). The rest, you may choose Keyboarding/Cooking/Business/Accounting or any other relaxing subjects. Therefore, you can have some breaks between harsh courses.

I have a tip for you, right now, you should consider what you will learn at university/college. If it was about Science, you should take Math, Physics, Chemistry ..etc.
If it was about Socials, you should choose Geography, History or Law instead (Law is a pretty easy course, it will help a lot to raise your grade ^^).

If you want to be a doctor/nurse, you should take Biology although it is quite hard.

Besides, you also need to participate in volunteer works to contribute to your community that will help you brighten your resume ^^

Then, good luck ^^. Hope my advice helpful
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite
Pick BBB4M (International business) and/or BOH4M (business leadership) and make them your priority (to get 90s to use them for next years top 6) and math (to build a solid foundation for gr 12 math)

I took grade 12 economics (CIA4U) in grade 11. Haven't seen a grade 11 version before...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite

@mythao1693 wrote
Hi there,

I think taking courses depends on your interest, strong points, and your faculty at university in the future.

In grade 11-12, you should take English, Math, PE(it helps u in Grad-Transition course for graduation), Chemistry/Physics(you should choose either Chem or Physics; I prefer Chem cuz I'm good at Chemistry), Geography/History/Law, Food Safe (if you intend to apply for any part-time job in the future, you should take this course at school). The rest, you may choose Keyboarding/Cooking/Business/Accounting or any other relaxing subjects. Therefore, you can have some breaks between harsh courses.

I have a tip for you, right now, you should consider what you will learn at university/college. If it was about Science, you should take Math, Physics, Chemistry ..etc.
If it was about Socials, you should choose Geography, History or Law instead (Law is a pretty easy course, it will help a lot to raise your grade ^^).

If you want to be a doctor/nurse, you should take Biology although it is quite hard.

Besides, you also need to participate in volunteer works to contribute to your community that will help you brighten your resume ^^

Then, good luck ^^. Hope my advice helpful

Since this was posted in the business section, i would assume that they are interested into going into business...but alrighty then. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SimpleThings SimpleThings

@erudite wrote
Pick BBB4M (International business) and/or BOH4M (business leadership) and make them your priority (to get 90s to use them for next years top 6) and math (to build a solid foundation for gr 12 math)

I took grade 12 economics (CIA4U) in grade 11. Haven't seen a grade 11 version before...

You would recommend fast-tracking a grade 12 business course such as the 2 you listed, international business or business leadership?

Also, with fast-tracking, if I do end up doing a grade 12 course in grade 11, and in grade 12 I do 8 courses (no spares) will I technically have 9 courses to choose from for my top 6 average (including the prereq's)? Fast-tracking confuses me a bit!

And isn't it ... quite strange to be in a classroom with grade 12 students when you're in grade 11?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@SimpleThings wrote
[size=6] Once again, it's course selection season and I'm (unfortunately) quite flustered over choosing my courses. I'm worried if i'll choose a course that I will not benefit from. So, I would like to know what courses you guys took in your Grade 11/12 year.

1) What were the courses you took in grade 11/12 (or currently taking if you're in grade 11/12)? And if possible, what marks did you get in each course?
2) What courses would you recommend taking in Grade 11/12?
3) Add further tips/details (:

I'm in grade 10 and I'm currently choosing my courses for grade 11 (due early next week), and i would like to get into a business program after high school.

These are the courses I am *most* likely going to end up choosing for sure for Grade 11:
English (ENG3U1), Functions (MCR3U1), Accounting (BAF3M1), Economics (CIE3M1), Law (CLU3M1)

These courses are not finalized yet but what other courses would you recommend me taking? (3 more spots to fill) :tongue:
THANKS!! [/size]

Useless thread since courses really vary based on the school you go to. I suggest you talk to your peers in grade 11 and 12.

One tip I can give you is to take courses that maximize your possibilities (i.e. don't discount sciences yet unless you are sure you do not like them).

As well, fast-tracking grade 12 courses did wonders for me. Personally I found that I was interested in more gr12 courses than grade 11 courses and by fast-tracking I could get more gr12 credits which means more possible courses to use in my top 6 and since I only fasttracked 2 courses in gr11 I could really focus on them and get them to be really high marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0