yconic - So who got rejected from Mac HealthSci??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

So who got rejected from Mac HealthSci??

A photo of snowman snowman
Own up. your anon anyways. I got rejected and I didn't even get an alternate offer to LifeSci. My average was 88.0 and my supp sucked. For the four lettered word i simply typed it screw Some guy I know got rejected even with 3 100's and 2 high 90's. They didnt even have the decency to send me a rejection letter.
As well, EngSci at UofT didnt accept me but i got an alternate offer to ChemEng.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

awwwwwwwww cmon you can answer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
Everyone at my school who applied didn't get in (~4, not sure of the exact number). According to them, it's because the supp app is far more important than marks(??). Anyway, are you going to U of T engineering next year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yah. i think only one kid of the dozen or so that applied got in. but she rejected. got some big scholarship elsewhere. only 4 kids had the 90 average though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kiwifruit11 kiwifruit11
Teehee I got rejected. But the thing is, I never wanted to go in the first place. What a waste of 45 minutes of my life writing the supplementary.

I have a 94 average but my supp sucked. I majorly screwed up the formatting somehow when typing it, but I don't think they would've been interested in why the word "dead" should be expunged anyway. And for the type of research that shouldn't be funded I said the search for extraterrestrial life, which probably made them think I was off my rockers.

I didn't get an alternate offer either, but I did get a rejection letter lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bp42 bp42
I got rejected for that program last year, despite the fact that I had a 97 average, with some extracurriculars, and I think I did a good job on the supplementary. Every other place I applied to gave me scholarship offers. I wouldn't worry about not getting into it, its pretty tough to get accepted. I think they are looking for people with really high marks and a ton of extracurriculars.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ozinator Ozinator
Kill your supp app (Creativity and originality is key), get above 90. You'll get in. Of course, easier said than done
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Two 99s and One 94 got in my from school this year out of like probably 30-40 people applying. I read the 94s supp app and it was really different and creative.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Six people from my school (myself included) got into health sci. Three are rejecting their offers (myself included).

Don't worry, it's over rated :cat:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of jonascrazy86 jonascrazy86
One of my best friends got into the program with an average of about 92.
Her supplementary was really creative (she asked me to edit it for her). When asked to describe herself, she did so using the letters in her name to describe an aspect of herself. She had her heart set on the program, and I was so happy she managed to get in.
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@fxoqxc wrote

@bp42 wrote
I got rejected for that program last year, despite the fact that I had a 97 average, with some extracurriculars, and I think I did a good job on the supplementary. Every other place I applied to gave me scholarship offers. I wouldn't worry about not getting into it, its pretty tough to get accepted. I think they are looking for people with really high marks and a ton of extracurriculars.

97 average? so many screwing trolls on this site.. or maybe your school is ridiculously inflated, because the highest average of the graduating class last year was 95.8% and our school is the top in york region -_-

It's actually quite possible if the person is an IBer. I graduated hs with a 99% average, and 6 of my classmates had 97%+. We were in IB at a York region school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@inthemaking wrote
It's actually quite possible if the person is an IBer. I graduated hs with a 99% average, and 6 of my classmates had 97%+. We were in IB at a York region school.

Whoa actually? Did you all get 45??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@cherrypie725 wrote

@inthemaking wrote

Whoa actually? Did you all get 45??

I wish! I got 42, the others got 36-40 (some of them used non-IB courses in their top 6). A girl in the class 2 years ahead of me graduated with 45 points and 100% Ontario average at my school though (she also went to Mac health sci and is now at U of T med).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly

@fxoqxc wrote

@bp42 wrote

97 average? so many screwing trolls on this site.. or maybe your school is ridiculously inflated, because the highest average of the graduating class last year was 95.8% and our school is the top in york region -_-

The highest average of a graduating class at my school was approx 96-97 and no one got into Mac Health Sci. Not exactly an inflated school either, its not the best in york region but its somewhere in the top 20 in Ontario, last time I checked.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bp42 bp42
No my high school didn't offer IB, it was located in a small town in eastern ontario so there wasn't a large variety of courses offered. I was the top in my graduating class of ~100 people, the next was around a 95 I believe. Perhaps there was some degree of grade inflation, I can't really say. However, I was able to get on the Dean's Honour list at McGill after first year and I qualified for a scholarship for my second year, so if there was inflation it couldn't have been too extreme. I don't really remember what my supplemental for health sci was like, since it was about a year and a half ago I wrote it, but I don't think it was too bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0