yconic - Social Anxiety.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Social Anxiety.

A photo of blurX blurX
:scratch:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
34 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of prmly prmly

@blurX wrote

@Zion wrote

Clearly, normal people like you don't know what I'm talking about.

You guys should be thankful that you are born communicative.

lol someone posts a confused emoticon and then the claws come out...... clearly you don't know how to communicate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of prmly prmly

@blurX wrote

@prmly wrote

@blurX wrote

@Zion wrote

You guys should be thankful that you are born communicative.

lol someone posts a confused emoticon and then the claws come out...... clearly you don't know how to communicate.

Put yourself in my position and see how it feels like when having SAD. Otherwise, you are just one of those self-righteous people only care about themselves.

oh good god, get over yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Trolls, sigh.
-.-

I used to feel the same way, a little.
I come from a big city, Vancouver, and moved to a smaller city just last year.. my 2nd last year of high school.. and I felt so out of place, like I didn't really belong.
My new school was so different from my old school.
I was socially awkward. By grade 11, most people had their own "cliques" already and I didn't feel like I belonged in any.
But after some time, about half a year, I've found my home again. :)
You just really need to get yourself out there and be open to everyone in order for them to accept you and you to accept them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
I have major social anxiety, but you just seem like a narcissistic misanthrope. "It's not my fault; it's society, it's my parents, everything but me." That doesn't sound like anxiety, that sounds like hate. If you think the worst of people, that people are beneath you, what's there to fear?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@blurX wrote

@Zion wrote

He isn't normal. I'm normal. :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Quinn Quinn
Well, the world is a lot like a dirty room. It takes an awful lot of work to make it clean, but it will be much better for yourself and others. While it's not too late, work for it and achieve your clean room, mister.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@blurX wrote
Fair enough to know that this place isn't the right place to complain.

You guys are just busy making assumptions..hehe..good, that's what you normal people do.

You should feel lucky your mom is cooking your food and have friends that you can talk too. I'd be worrying all days that people might be annoyed by my accents while you guys can do it normally.

Sorry if I "hurts" the society, yah you are right, i'm just a waste that should just die.

OOOO:
Nonsense.
:batman:
Don't take everything that everyone says on here so personally and so seriously.
Half the people on here are just here to troll.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I think you should just do your research. That way, when you speak, you'll only be speaking truths and won't have to worry about people telling you you're wrong, because you already know you're right. That's what I do and it works great.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Stop whining. That's just going to turn everyone off and make you even more lonely. There are thousands of people who have harder lives than you and learn to deal, I'm sure. Nobody feels "normal."

@blurX wrote
You guys are just busy making assumptions..hehe..good, that's what you normal people do.

@blurX wrote
You should feel lucky your mom is cooking your food and have friends that you can talk too. I'd be worrying all days that people might be annoyed by my accents while you guys can do it normally.

That's a bit hypocritical, isn't it? Pitying yourself is futile, especially on a forum. As theboydetective said, it doesn't sound like you have social anxiety. You're just immature.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
God damn! So many ignorant posts so far. Most people don't understand anxiety/depression. I can't say I have a good understanding of those disorders either, but I have a lighter analogous "anxiety" that is a fear of flying (due to a fear of heights). And being told to suck it up and "don't worry about it", to just imagine that all passengers are in their underwear, or that my fear is irrational (thanks, I already know) doesn't help. The irrational nature of psychological disorders is what makes them so difficult to cure. No matter how many times I tell myself that I'm "safe, even though we're 30,000 feet above the ground" I'm not going to actually feel safe.

I'm sure everyone has an irrational fear of something, so they just need to imagine that fear being generalized to a more significant part of their lives - that's anxiety.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of MaxwellEdison MaxwellEdison

@blurX wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

Don't take everything that everyone says on here so personally and so seriously.

Thank you for your kind words, I hope there are more people can be more understanding.

All I hear from people is; "Get over it", "man up and learn some social skills", "stop being shy", "get yourself out there more"...etc.

It's like asking a blind man "why don't you try to see?"

Solutions that are easy for them to do, but never yourself.

It's my fault to start this thread and it started this flame wars..hehe..
I guess everything I did is wrong.

Congrats to other people for winning this war, good job for killing the minority.
Thank you.

HOMO!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quinn Quinn

@blurX wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

Thank you for your kind words, I hope there are more people can be more understanding.

All I hear from people is; "Get over it", "man up and learn some social skills", "stop being shy", "get yourself out there more"...etc.

It's like asking a blind man "why don't you try to see?"

Solutions that are easy for them to do, but never yourself.

It's my fault to start this thread and it started this flame wars..hehe..
I guess everything I did is wrong.

Congrats to other people for winning this war, good job for killing the minority.
Thank you.

You see, that's where you are wrong. They try to see things every day and are trying their best to not let their handicap make others feel uncomfortable, which would render what you've said kind of redundant since they are doing that already. What you are doing here is like saying everyone should feel great that they can see and I should just wither and die since I can't see like you normies. Now that's just lazy. Blind people face their horrors and their broken families too, mister, but they try every day and every night, despite the hardships, to overcome and later be a person they are proud to be. I'm not saying you should get over it or go out of your character, but I'm saying that others have their own life's gall to drink and it's kinds of rude to say that yours is the worst of them all without trying to think about others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Although your attitude isn't the greatest, the reactions you've received haven't been either.
I understand that anxiety is something deeply rooted and that it therefore isn't easy to overcome, but a defeatist attitude is only going to make you feel more despair.

The only way to conquer what I believe to be your trust issues is by finding someone new to confide in and trust. This isn't as hard as you think. It doesn't have to be in real life--obviously there's a lot of people on the Internet who are in situations similar to yours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I agree with above.

You've been through a lot, but you can't sit in front of a computer hoping to find a solution. First you need to get rid of that pessimist attitude, I know it may be easier to wallow in your misery and believe that the world is cruel and that you can't belong in it. But if you believe these things, how will you ever be able to get close with someone else?

Next, you need to at least TRY to start getting rid of those social anxieties. This will be hard, but it's definitely not impossible. Join a club, volunteer, get involved somehow. Maybe on the first day, you won't be up to talking to someone but at least you'll be apart of something. After a couple weeks as people get to know you more I'm sure someone will include you within their circle. But YOU need to take initiative!

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with accents, you shouldn't feel like you can't communicate with others just because you have an accent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of al1993 al1993

@blurX wrote
Anyone having it?...hm..I just can't communicate without fears.

Maybe it is because my horrible childhood, or broken family, I found it hard to make friends, or even make eye contacts, I just avoid them.

I often think the worst of people..(like they would never understand what I've been through..yah..I don't think they care either, everyone struggles in life..hehe)

This world is too cold and too cruel, I just don't belong.

blurx, I understand where you're coming from. I think I used to be that way because I grew up with a mom who always pointed out the negativity in everyone in her life. It's difficult to get out of that stage.. But you have to look at the world realistically. Everyone has their flaws. You have flaws. But ultimately, in everyone, there's something positive to point out. So my advice? Try not to focus your life on yourself. There's a diverse community out there. Think about others. Have fun and push yourself to come out of your shell. Yes, there are cruel people in the world, but there are some really great people out there. If you keep focusing on the negativity, you will never be able to see the good things in life.

hope that helps:)!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted