yconic - Social life at Ottawa U vs U of Calgary vs Waterloo.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Social life at Ottawa U vs U of Calgary vs Waterloo.

A photo of PsyBoomer PsyBoomer
I am trying to decide between those three. I currently live in Ottawa so if I stay here, I am not living on campus. From what I read on here so far, Waterloo is dead unless you go around to Laurier to party. What about University of Calgary? Anybody attending there, could you tell me about the social scene.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
It's apparently a big time commuter school. It won't have the same atmosphere that a school like Laurier has, but I wouldn't consider it dead. There's still people who live on campus who will like to party.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PsyBoomer PsyBoomer
I guess it's all a matter of how outgoing you are yourself and the ability to meet new people, which I am going to have to do a lot in Waterloo to try and get some connections in Laurier. I know the guy:girl ratio is pretty bad in Waterloo, but does that hold true only for specific programs like math and engineering? What about Life Sciences? :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of allison123 allison123
ottttawaaaaa!!

but you gotta live in rez

Was this helpful? Yes 0