yconic - Social Scene at Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Social Scene at Waterloo

A photo of liliw liliw
Hey guys,
So I thought I was all set to go to Waterloo, but a lot of people I've spoken to have said that there's no life and it's boring.
Is there anyone from Waterloo who can convince me otherwise?
In other words, as a girl coming from Montreal, will Waterloo seem dead?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of chatmike chatmike
Since you're from montreal, you'll know where to find the parties.;) But yes. overall it's dead. there are some jams and stuff, just like at any university, but stereotypically, its a lot harder to find a party at UW then at other unis.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
What social scene?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
It's not terrible if you're looking for that stuff. There just aren't enough people who are looking to party/chill/etc.

Besides, you'll be next to Laurier and provided you don't mind a white dominated scene, you'll study at Waterloo and party at Laurier : )

But, from what I saw the main stuff that goes on at Waterloo are Keggers
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
Wait, there's a social scene at Waterloo?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy
Unless you're going into engineering or math and are very academic and studious, I'd avoid Waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Please come. Waterloo needs girls like you...Who am I kidding? Waterloo needs girls in general.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of liliw liliw

@SUMmer123456 wrote
Please come. Waterloo needs girls like you...Who am I kidding? Waterloo needs girls in general.

Wow that's super convincing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
If you want to party and be social, then you have to make the initiative here. It's not like a social scene doesn't exist, you just have to find it. It's pretty prevalent in residence, though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Uncotran Uncotran
Don't listen to the tards bashing loo. UW has parties dw about it. If youre in res then all the better. If not, then WLU is right down the street :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0