yconic - Social Work Programs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Social Work Programs

A photo of GradClassof2012 GradClassof2012
I've looked and looked, and I've found where I want to go :)
Even though I still got a year and bit left (currenly in grade 11) What kind of Social Program are you going too?
Planning on Mount Royal in Calgary Alberta and then UofCalgary :)
What about you?:colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of DakotaJade DakotaJade
I'm applying for social work this year at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Fingers crossed for both of us!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sam22v Sam22v
Im so excited to go into my social work program at the university level!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bree1477 Bree1477
Im a grade 12 student, and Im planning on going to Humber College, Ontario or Canadore, College, Ontario. Then on to Ryerson, University, Ontario to get my bachelors in Social Working.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KamyRawr KamyRawr
I'm currently a grade 12 student and am going for the Social Work program at Carleton University, here in the capital of Canada - Ottawa, Ontario. :thumleft:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mandydeko8 mandydeko8
I've applied to Mcmaster, Windsor and York for their social work programs! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sophiekirk sophiekirk
I'm really interested in social work too. I will probably end up going to Dalhousie if I pursue it. But would it be wise to finish your first bachelor degree over entering in your second or third year of BA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Dischordx Dischordx

@sophiekirk wrote
I'm really interested in social work too. I will probably end up going to Dalhousie if I pursue it. But would it be wise to finish your first bachelor degree over entering in your second or third year of BA?

No point. It will just add to your years of school and will prove ultimately useless. I was considering the social work program in my first year, but it wasn't a great fit for me (despite what my profs thought). Best to stand out in your social work prereqs (generally intro practice and intro policy) academically as well as having a good relationship with your social work professors. Be involved on campus/community, keep up your grades and it will essentially guarentee you a spot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of deja deja
Bree im planning to do the same exact thing. however i dont know if humber is the best place for me. is it possible for me to do the same thing at another college or is humber the best place?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AndreaPache AndreaPache
Hi, I'm in Winnipeg, graduated from High School and I have already applyed at the University of Manitoba and want to take Social Work/Human Ecology. I am excited for my 1st year of University. Any one else looking into this program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gloobert gloobert
I'm a second year student at George Brown then off to York hopefully to get my bachelor's in 2 years :cheese: I admit though, the stuff can be a bit intense if you are not confident with who you are but the program I am in helped me find myself
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I have applied to Humber, St. Clair and Fanshawe colleges to the Child and Youth Worker programs. I've heard it's really tough and I'm hoping I can handle the work.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I have applied to Humber, St. Clair and Fanshawe colleges to the Child and Youth Worker programs. I've heard it's really tough and I'm hoping I can handle the work.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of toribori toribori

@gloobert wrote
I'm a second year student at George Brown then off to York hopefully to get my bachelor's in 2 years :cheese: I admit though, the stuff can be a bit intense if you are not confident with who you are but the program I am in helped me find myself

i want to go to george brown too, for social service worker:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Dustonio Dustonio
I'm planning to do academic upgrading first at Norquest College in Wetaskiwin, Alberta and then hopefully Red Deer College for my first two years of social work and then University of Calgary for my bachelor's degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shaina.Dickson Shaina.Dickson
Im in grade 12,planning on going to Fanshaw College, Then on to Ryerson, University, Ontario to get my Bachelor of Art in Social Working, and child and youth.:colors: I'm pretty excited about doing both because I will get co-op. prgrams as well as my B.A.
Was this helpful? Yes 0