yconic - Software Engineering - Waterloo
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Software Engineering - Waterloo

A photo of jtorii4 jtorii4
I'm applying for Software Engineering @ Waterloo. I already got accepted into UOIT for software engineering but Waterloo is the one i'm looking for.
My grade 11 averages are:
Music - 83
Computer Engineering - 90
Japanese - 90
English - 92
Computer Science - 94
Functions - 93
Physics - 85
Chemistry - 90

My completed grade 12 averages so far are (i fast-tracked):
Music - 85
Japanese - 91
Physics - 76
Computer Engineering - 77

I expect a 97 in Advanced Functions, 94 in Computer Science, and 85 in Chemistry

I have a job, i'm pretty talented in programming and i'm really into the engineering field. how do you think i'll do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of iRamie iRamie
LOOOL if you got below a 75% in physics you would've been screwed i think. Because you have to have a minimum of 75% in all required courses.
Im still in grade 11 and applying to the same program at waterloo, i also heard if your extracirriculars are good you get 3-5% added to your overall average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@iRamie wrote
LOOOL if you got below a 75% in physics you would've been screwed i think. Because you have to have a minimum of 75% in all required courses.

You obviously don't know anything. You need a minimum 70% of all required courses. The only exception? Architecture. You need a 75% as a minimum in ENG4U.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You'll get in. No doubt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0