yconic - Some insecurities regarding Queens
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Some insecurities regarding Queens

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So now its time to choose a university .. And I just had some few discussion questions regarding queens$...
I'm all for queens, great school and all but..

1) Is it true all the commies are rich white cocky douchebags? Or is it like just a few?
2) How is res, especially a single room.
3) Does everyone have to do those boss videos?
4) When do you find out if you get a bursary?

Thanks for the help
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs

@iKam22 wrote
So now its time to choose a university .. And I just had some few discussion questions regarding queens$...

1) Is it true all the commies are rich white cocky douchebags? Or is it like just a few?

Thanks for the help

1) A few not all.
2) Boring
3) WTF why does that matter.. you're not going to go Queen's cuz of that? It's for marketing class so I think so everyone has to do it.
4) No idea brah.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
GS your inbox is full ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
lol my bad, fixed :]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011
1) I don't consider myself a rich cocky douche-bag, so I'm going with just few :)
2) Most people end up loving their residence no matter where they live. I had a single room in one of the less popular residences and absolutely loved it. It depends a lot on your floormates (my floor was super social) but I wouldn't change my single for anything.
3) They aren't marketing videos and they are 100% optional. I was a Boss and I didn't make a video, and lot's of people don't apply to be a Boss. You'll learn more about this at Frosh Week.
4) Unsure about this, sorry. Try getting in touch with Commerce Office (613-533-2316) and hopefully they can help you out.
hope that helps :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Okay, well I am hopefully going to get a single room.

It says its on West campus (for the cheapest one).. is it a far walk to the goodes hall.. how many minutes?

Also.. I probably asked 15 people and all of them said like 75% of students are cocky white douchebags.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensHSL2011 QueensHSL2011

@iKam22 wrote

Thanks for the help

Im just going to add to the other HSL comment.

1) Stereotypes are just that, stereotypes. Similarly to how people make them about types of people, they make them about schools as well. Then they are passed around as facts, especially during the decision time in high school. There is every type of person in the commerce program. There are always going to be people that clash with your ideals but there is a place for everyone to belong in Commerce. This should not be a worry, It was one for me as well so I completely understand the concern.
2) Rez at Queen's is amazing. You will love it no matter what situation you are in (single room, double room, etc). It is one of the parts of the Queen's experience that sets Queen's apart. Also, it is a great time to meet students that are not in Commerce.
3) Boss is all voluntary. I know the videos don't make a lot of sense. But after frosh week in Commerce they will. As said before, if you want to be Boss for your 2nd year you don't have to do a video. It is simply an option. If you search COMM 161 you might see some 2nd year marketing presentation, those types of presentations are unique and can give you an example of how Commerce makes you leave your comfort zone.
4) Some bursary's you find out with your acceptance. Other than that you should call the school for specific answers!

I hope this helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0