yconic - Space
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Space

A photo of MegaDaanish MegaDaanish
Hi, I am currently in grade 12, my goal is to become a space engineer or an astronaut but I have some concerns about my courses. My marks this sem are Data management-93, adv functions-79 and english-87. BUT the problem is next sem I have bio,calc/vec,chem, earth and space sciences (online) and Physics (night school) so technically I have 5 courses. I probably will drop bio since I dont think i'll need it, but about Earth and space sciences, can anyone please give me some details about this course as to how it is online and will it act as an average booster and is it really interesting to study it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

This post was deleted

@engineersrock wrote
I have similar aspirations as well.

It would help if you could add where you are interested in applying. I would be careful with the night school physics though, some universities may not like it.

I did not take Earth and Space Sciences, but I too am extremely interested in astrophysics and astronomy (if that's what the course covers). Whether a course is interesting or not, in my opinion, depends a whole lot on the teacher/professor. Since yours is online, just pick up some books and a pair of binos (if you like astronomy) instead of the online course, and focus on the courses that really matter (i.e. calc, chem, phys) for admission. That's my advice

Best of luck with school and your goals :)

I am thinking of applying for space sciences &space engineering at york
aerospace engineering at ryerson and maybe eng sci at Uft. Hbu?

and my question was do I really need to take biology? and looking at my marks this sem do u think I have a chance to get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
You don't need biology. EngSci is pretty competitive, so unless you have tons of 90s+ next semester you probably won't get in. Either way, since you're already set on what type of engineering you like, you might as well get right into an aerospace program rather than spending the first two years in EngSci. You should be competitive for everything else. I think carleton also has a similar program, but ryerson is probably your best bet if you don't wanna move out of Toronto.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Are you a Chinese or US citizen? If not, good luck finding a job...

Also I agree with Jelly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
If you're into aerospace engineering, you should definitely consider Carleton. It has an amazing aerospace program and a couple of my friends are interested in the same field. You shouldn't have a problem getting into Ryerson and Carleton's aerospace program with that average. I don't know much about York. And you definitely don't need Bio. I would say the same thing as the person above: it might not be such a great idea to take Physics in night school as they don't cover the same amount of material and aerospace revolves around physics.

Good Luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Xiaohaha wrote
Are you a Chinese or US citizen? If not, good luck finding a job...

Also I agree with Jelly.

Please elaborate on the fact that why do I have to be chinese or a US citizen to get a job...?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@enaverma wrote
If you're into aerospace engineering, you should definitely consider Carleton. It has an amazing aerospace program and a couple of my friends are interested in the same field. You shouldn't have a problem getting into Ryerson and Carleton's aerospace program with that average. I don't know much about York. And you definitely don't need Bio. I would say the same thing as the person above: it might not be such a great idea to take Physics in night school as they don't cover the same amount of material and aerospace revolves around physics.

Good Luck

Hey, thanks for your input, i will definitely consider Carleton. Well, about night school the only reason im doing that is because my teacher in school is just very hard, even the most smartest people have 70's in his class, hence so that my average doesnt drop I was considering night school as an option.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted