yconic - spare block?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

spare block?

A photo of sarahq93 sarahq93
i applied for mac health sci and a couple of other programs. i was planning on taking a spare this semester, will this reduce my chances of being offered admission?

i already have chem 12, bio 12, math 12 (trig), english 12, world issues 12, and computer science 12.

this semester i plan on taking political science 12, canadian geography 12, math 12 (calc) and leadership 12.

if i go with these courses i would have seven grade 11 courses and 10 grade 12 courses. i also did a summer program this summer and received two grade 11 co-op credits.

am i going to be at a major disadvantage with a spare?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Definitely not.
You already have all the pre-reqs that you need to get into the program, more than necessary anyways.
Having a spare will only help you increase your marks in the courses that you're still working on towards your admission average.
I have 2 spares right now and it actually helps a LOT. So much more time to study and do homework.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sarahq93 sarahq93
i'd really like a spare, as you said to study. and i really want to bring up my average as much as possible.

so they won't care that i would have less credits as a result?

p.s. your sig coding looks familiar. ; ]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
No. I had a spare 2nd sem in grade 12 and got into health sci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sweetsour024 sweetsour024
I second that. You should tale the spare to studie!
It shouldn't make a difference only that you will have more studie time to keep your marks high
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danielafaykoo danielafaykoo
as long as you have the prerequisites it doesn't matter
Was this helpful? Yes 0