yconic - Special Invitation from Laurier School of Business & Economics
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Special Invitation from Laurier School of Business & Economics

A photo of miisstina miisstina
Hey, I was wondering who else got this email. And if so, are you guys going to go to the event? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
47 replies

A photo of Seriye Seriye
Yeah I did :)
I'm interested in going to Laurier (co-op!!!) so I'm definitely attending
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite
I am! I feel...loved. ;_;
See y'all there. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
so am i :) i swear- i think that's the most touching email I have ever gotten :P:bigsmurf: :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@Windsongs4 wrote
so am i :) i swear- i think that's the most touching email I have ever gotten :P:bigsmurf: :batman:

curious about how it would be touching ;p
mind post it here to share with us who did not apply to laurier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

curious about how it would be touching ;p
mind post it here to share with us who did not apply to laurier?

LOL sure:

Thank you for applying to the School of Business & Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University. It is very gratifying to see such high achieving students express an interest in our programs. The choice of University is among the most important that you will make and the next several years will be some of the most exciting of your life as you embrace the opportunity to challenge yourself academically.

As Acting Dean of Laurier's School of Business & Economics, I am always interested in attracting exceptional students to our programs. Every year, the Laurier School of Business & Economics invites the top students from across Ontario to attend our exclusive “High Flyer Event”. We would like to recognize your outstanding academic achievements and to provide you with an opportunity to learn more about Laurier's business and economics programs.

After reviewing your high school records, we recognize you as a "High Flyer" and I am thrilled to be able to offer you an invitation to this event. It is gratifying to know that a motivated, hard-working student like yourself is considering Laurier as your university of choice.

At the reception, you will be introduced to the professors that will be teaching you at Laurier. You will also have the opportunity to interact with some of our current students who are our “High Flyers”, and you can speak to them about their experiences while at Laurier.

then details bout the event.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
haha nice, thanks buddy ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

anytime :) :bigsmurf:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lindahh lindahh
Can anyone help me? I got a special invitation but I haven't been accepted into the program yet and I'm the only person I know of without acceptance to get this invitation. Is it possible that it is a mistake?

I have 6 grade courses completely finished with an average of only 88.5 and I ranked them first on OUAC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lindahh wrote
Can anyone help me? I got a special invitation but I haven't been accepted into the program yet and I'm the only person I know of without acceptance to get this invitation. Is it possible that it is a mistake?

I have 6 grade courses completely finished with an average of only 88.5 and I ranked them first on OUAC.

I think you should call them to see what is up, they will be able to sort it all out :bigsmurf:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
It was actually a really thoughtful email lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JMCG JMCG
I was accepted with a 91 average in late February, and yet I didn't get an invitation to this "high flyer" event... anybody got any idea why? :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NOTHINGNOTHING NOTHINGNOTHING

@lindahh wrote

same here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Budsfan: i know eh? :P makes you sorta want to pick them :P

@JMCG wrote
I was accepted with a 91 average in late February, and yet I didn't get an invitation to this "high flyer" event... anybody got any idea why? :(

my friend got it with a 92%, so I think it may be 92% and up? :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JMCG JMCG

@Windsongs4 wrote

@JMCG wrote

Well that's certainly a depressing thought...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JMCG wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

@JMCG wrote

Well that's certainly a depressing thought...

indeed :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ren416 Ren416
I got the the letter too, does anyone know what exactly this "high flyer" thing is about? Do we get some sort of extra treatment if we go to laurier or are they just trying to convince us to go to Laurier with this event?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
Very excited that they're doing this. Its similar to what Schulich/Rotman/etc do so I'm glad that WLU is taking themself more seriously as a business program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nick0rz wrote
Very excited that they're doing this. Its similar to what Schulich/Rotman/etc do so I'm glad that WLU is taking themself more seriously as a business program.

schulich does this!!!???? what do they do??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Windsongs4 wrote

@Nick0rz wrote

They do some kind of deans dinner/reception thing. Thats all I meant, no need to panic good sir/madam.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Ren416 wrote
I got the the letter too, does anyone know what exactly this "high flyer" thing is about? Do we get some sort of extra treatment if we go to laurier or are they just trying to convince us to go to Laurier with this event?

Just another way to wine and dine you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nick0rz wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

@Nick0rz wrote

They do some kind of deans dinner/reception thing. Thats all I meant, no need to panic good sir/madam.

sounds awesome. and that wasn't supposed to look like panic- it was more excitement :P i'll lay off the punctuation :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of j0sp j0sp
By the way, it should end at about 3pm, but we're free to leave whenever.
See you all tomorrow! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wtsmb wtsmb
chicken fingers taste goooooooood :P
sucks to be you if you missed them :albino:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of j0sp j0sp

@wtsmb wrote

Whoa, didn't even know there were chicken fingers, I was too distracted by the bland mini-burgers.
What did you think of it? I feel it was a little overcrowded, and I didn't really get a chance to mingle with the current High Flyers. The whole event was still a pretty nice gesture, though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wtsmb wtsmb

@j0sp wrote

@wtsmb wrote

Whoa, didn't even know there were chicken fingers, I was too distracted by the bland mini-burgers.
What did you think of it? I feel it was a little overcrowded, and I didn't really get a chance to mingle with the current High Flyers. The whole event was still a pretty nice gesture, though.

Chicken fingers came out in second/third round i think...at around 200 when many of the high flyers already left. The burgers are still nice tho...well free lunches are always great XD.
It was okay, not as overcrowded as I thought. I got a chance to talk with DD profs and got most of my questions answered. Indeed it's pretty nice I think:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0