yconic - Spoil Some Of My Classes? ;) Gr.12
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Spoil Some Of My Classes? ;) Gr.12

A photo of apollo2010 apollo2010
Hello!

I saw some other people who had previously done courses in Grade 12 giving tips and just their opinion on them and I was hoping maybe some people had some for me too! I switched to a new school last year so I wasn't really able to get to know any of the Grade 12s and ask their opinions on courses, plus my school got a ton of new courses that I eagerly signed up for.

So here is my course load for this year.
*ENG4U- I took it in a reach ahead course and got an 85%, so I'm outta there!

Writer's Craft
Philosophy
International Business
World History: West & The World
International Law
World Politics
World Issues

Last year I had lowish marks for me, averaged out to about a 79%, I had some family related things that sort of affected me in the second semester which tore me down from my 88%, I know I can do a whole lot better this year.
For the Law and History courses, I did the Grade 11 Pre-Req and did well. Though I hear Int. Law is a killer in Grade 12.

Oh and, I'll be applying for Carleton U's Communications and History BA.

Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
For most of those courses, the level of difficulty is really dependent on your teacher. I can tell you that I took World History this year and found it to be fairly easy. Just make sure you keep up with the reading since there is a lot of it. I also had quite a few friends who didn't do as well in Writer's Craft as they would have liked because they took it thinking it was a bird course. Unfortunately for them, the teacher took the course a LOT more seriously than they did.

If you really want to find out what you're in for, I would ask people you know at your school who have already taken those courses.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Creativeindividual Creativeindividual

@apollo2010 wrote
Hello!

I saw some other people who had previously done courses in Grade 12 giving tips and just their opinion on them and I was hoping maybe some people had some for me too! I switched to a new school last year so I wasn't really able to get to know any of the Grade 12s and ask their opinions on courses, plus my school got a ton of new courses that I eagerly signed up for.

Writer's Craft
Philosophy
International Business
International Law
World Politics
World Issues

Last year I had lowish marks for me, averaged out to about a 79%, I had some family related things that sort of affected me in the second semester which tore me down from my 88%, I know I can do a whole lot better this year.
For the Law and History courses, I did the Grade 11 Pre-Req and did well. Though I hear Int. Law is a killer in Grade 12.

Thank you!

Cant you take International Law in grade 12 without grade 11 law, because that's what im doing , our guidance office says its ok :p Sorry, just wanted to see if at your school you could take it without grade 11 law as well
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@Creativeindividual wrote

@apollo2010 wrote
Hello!

Writer's Craft
Philosophy
International Business
International Law
World Politics
World Issues

Thank you!

Cant you take International Law in grade 12 without grade 11 law, because that's what im doing , our guidance office says its ok :p Sorry, just wanted to see if at your school you could take it without grade 11 law as well

As far as I know, there are no specific prerequisites for any grade 12 U/M course in Social Sciences and the Humanities or in Canadian and World Studies. All that the Choices booklet says each year is that you need just one Grade 11 U/M credit in English, Social Sciences and the Humanities or Canadian and World Studies. If you did Grade 11 University English, all these options are open. So yes, you should be able to take law/geography/history/politics/economics/philosophy/religion/family studies and anything alike in grade 12 without taking a similar course in grade 11.
Was this helpful? Yes 0