yconic - Still able to apply to private school?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Still able to apply to private school?

A photo of CruelonYou CruelonYou
I am taking virtual school for ENG4U but my mark is around 52
I know that this mark will not get me into uni, so I plan to drop it no matter what as it will be on my transcript.
The problem is that is already my victory and I still have NOT graduated.
I'm wondering if I can still go to private school and get a mark for midterm, or at least at the end of the year
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@CruelonYou wrote
I know that this mark will not get me into uni, so I plan to drop it no matter what as it will be on my transcript.
I'm wondering if I can still go to private school and get a mark for midterm, or at least at the end of the year

I'm sure you will be able to find a private school to "give" you the mark you are looking for; then what .....do you honestly think you will survivor University ?

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aquarius wrote

@CruelonYou wrote

I'm sure you will be able to find a private school to "give" you the mark you are looking for; then what .....do you honestly think you will survivor University ?

Good Luck!

To be honest I never wanted to go to uni
College is way more suitable for me, but my parents only believe that uni is the only way
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@CruelonYou wrote

@aquarius wrote

@CruelonYou wrote

Good Luck!

College is way more suitable for me, but my parents only believe that uni is the only way

Talk to them again...they will be more disappointed if you drop out of uni. i know a lot of people who are so successful and doing well after college and also people who have dropped out of Uni due to lack of English and they can't cope!

All the Best in your decision though!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aquarius wrote

@CruelonYou wrote

@aquarius wrote

@CruelonYou wrote

Good Luck!

Talk to them again...they will be more disappointed if you drop out of uni. i know a lot of people who are so successful and doing well after college and also people who has dropped out of Uni because lack of English and they can't cope!

All the Best in your decision though!!

Yeah I also applied to college :D
Hoping they will understand
None the less I still need my eng credit to graduate
So if I go to a private school will they still get a mark for mid term
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
I think you can apply any time. I have a friend that is taking Virtual High school and i think he said that you can work at you own pace. But i wouldnt count on a mark on the midterm. Id still go if i were you if you want to get that mark in by finals.

Tbh, i think the english is kinda bullshit. They have our Lit tests so they should know that we have enough knowledge of english to communicate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jellybro jellybro
I know I'm going to seem a little biased when I say this and don't take it as an offence, but you shouldn't be private schooling as a way OUT of learning. If you aren't going to understand this stuff on a day school level, what makes you think you will understand university level subjects? Just to let you know, there is no private school is university. I always felt that private school in a way is "buying" your marks, but if you feel that there is no way out then do it ASAP. I felt trapped when I saw my chemistry mark.... But I realized I'll be fine as long as I work for the best and prepare myself for university. Anyways, you should still be able to register, but don't count on marks for midterm. Drop your english course ASAP and make sure you still have an english credit at the end.
Was this helpful? Yes 0