yconic - Still no response from Waterloo CS?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Still no response from Waterloo CS?

A photo of thisiscrazy4 thisiscrazy4
So I thought I should've heard back from them by today but guess not...am i still going to be accepted with these marks? This suspense is killing me!

Functions: 90 (final)
Chemistry: 83 (final)
English: 73 (final)
Calculus: 87 (midterm)
Physics: 87 (midterm)
Food and Nutrition Science: 98 (midterm)

Average: 86.3

AIF is decent. Major EC's include working at Kumon for about a year tutoring math, counsellor at Junior Achievement camps, treasurer of MSA at my school. I've also started a small business of my own buying and selling iPhone accessories and have partnered with stores around here who now sell my stuff.

I have some experience with Java, HTML, VB, and Objective-C. I wrote the Euclid contest but didn't write the computing one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@thisiscrazy4 wrote
So I thought I should've heard back from them by today but guess not...am i still going to be accepted with these marks? This suspense is killing me!

Functions: 90 (final)
Chemistry: 83 (final)
English: 73 (final)
Calculus: 87 (midterm)
Physics: 87 (midterm)
Food and Nutrition Science: 98 (midterm)

Average: 86.3

AIF is decent. Major EC's include working at Kumon for about a year tutoring math, counsellor at Junior Achievement camps, treasurer of MSA at my school. I've also started a small business of my own buying and selling iPhone accessories and have partnered with stores around here who now sell my stuff.

I have some experience with Java, HTML, VB, and Objective-C. I wrote the Euclid contest but didn't write the computing one.

calm down, acceptances come out next week.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arviny arviny
Also had an 86% avg in 5 12U classes (chem, physics, adv fnc, fam studies, cs), but got an offer in January before I even started AIF =/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

your first semester average is 82, which is not good enough, so waterloo was waiting to see your second semester marks.
anyways, I have the same problem
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@shirlx wrote
your first semester average is 82, which is not good enough, so waterloo was waiting to see your second semester marks.

yea prob..and how'd you know acceptances are coming next week?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pepper pepper

@shirlx wrote

I had an 87% average after first semester and I still don't have an acceptance never mind an early one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thisiscrazy4 wrote

@shirlx wrote

yea prob..and how'd you know acceptances are coming next week?

read it on other forum; ppl who had just emailed the admissions office. they said that almost all decisions will be made next week.

@pepper wrote

@shirlx wrote

I had an 87% average after first semester and I still don't have an acceptance never mind an early one.

it depends on what courses you had for first semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie

@arviny wrote
Also had an 86% avg in 5 12U classes (chem, physics, adv fnc, fam studies, cs), but got an offer in January before I even started AIF =/

Your grade 11 mark probably got you in LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arviny arviny

@iRamie wrote

@arviny wrote

Not really, my grade 11 marks were the same
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@arviny wrote

@iRamie wrote

@arviny wrote

Did you take gr 12 courses in gr 11 though?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arviny arviny

@thisiscrazy4 wrote

@arviny wrote

@iRamie wrote

@arviny wrote

Grade 12 physics in sem2 of grade 11. Don't see why that would affect admissions
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie

@arviny wrote

@thisiscrazy4 wrote

@arviny wrote

@iRamie wrote

@arviny wrote

Grade 12 physics in sem2 of grade 11. Don't see why that would affect admissions

Caz by then you already have 3/5 pre reqs done, and you finished computer science.
Also waterloo i dont think they care about english that much caz they're a math school (i might be mistaken). So all they had to wait for was calc and vectors, and they probably knew youd do good in that too LOL.
Also you mentioned in another thread you go to "one of waterloo's suck-up schools" so yah
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arviny arviny

@iRamie wrote

@arviny wrote

@thisiscrazy4 wrote

@arviny wrote

@iRamie wrote

@arviny wrote

Caz by then you already have 3/5 pre reqs done, and you finished computer science.
Also waterloo i dont think they care about english that much caz they're a math school (i might be mistaken). So all they had to wait for was calc and vectors, and they probably knew youd do good in that too LOL.
Also you mentioned in another thread you go to "one of waterloo's suck-up schools" so yah

Yea I think it's a little bit of both =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0