yconic - Strange Rotman Commerce Acceptance?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Strange Rotman Commerce Acceptance?

A photo of vince1266 vince1266
So I have a close friend who didn't even take Calculus, nor fill out his personal statement, but a couple days ago, he received his acceptance lettre into Rotman Commerce. Is this even possible? I thought they either: 1) Gave out early acceptances in February if you completed your personal statement before January or 2) Will do their next round of admissions on May 30th. Could this be a mistake on their part and in this kind of situation, could they reject his offer? On the plus side, his top six is an 88% but from what I've seen, everyone who got accepted had a 90%+ average
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Zarathustra Zarathustra
This hoodlum from my school got expelled during the last few months of second semester for his involvement in the stabbing of some student from our school which resulted in his failure to pass calculus and he still got into Rotman (average was low 80s? from bird courses and low marks in English as well). Their admissions is strange to say the least.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
they do an admissions check once all the acceptance deadline has passed. if you dont meet requirements your out
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara
All universities will make special exceptions for exceptional students.

My close friend is an internationally ranked rower, and she received acceptance to Queens Commerce with no PSE and no application back in October or November on a full scholarship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Wow...................Mind blown
Was this helpful? Yes 0