yconic - Stressed and Confused
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Stressed and Confused

A photo of blaues blaues
I currently am in grade 12, thinking of heading to university. I want to get into engineering, preferably Mechanical. My preferred university is McGill in Montreal. I've been to the campus, been around the city, and have a sister who is attending the university.

The problem starts with my marks. To get into mechanical engineering at mcgill i need a 92% average according to their site. Here is my top 6. (* - Indicates required courses).

*English: Finished - 86 - Summer School
*Chemistry: Finished - 82 - Fast Tracked (Slacked off)
*Physics: Mid Term - 91 - Currently Taking
*Calculus and Vectors: Next Sem
Advanced Functions: Midterm - 93 - Currently Taking
Data Management: Next Sem

Estimated Average: 90%
My problem is, i don't think i can manage a 92% average. At first i thought i could, but because of my mark in Chemistry, it doesn't look possible. I loved math, i ended with a 97 in grade 11 functions. IT seems this year it's a little harder, and im beginning to slack off.

McGill does not need Data or Advanced but I wanted to include them since I think I'm capable of a high 90. I think i can pull advanced to a 95 by the end of the year. I was thinking of taking Internation business and IB, two easy business courses to boost my average.

Any adivce?

Edit: Here is some extra information. This semister i have Spare, Biology, physic, adv func. I am doing poor in biology since i do not need it(bad idea i know) and my marks for the rest are above.

Second semi i have; Calculus, Data Management, International business, and spare.

My friends tell me to drop Data and take those two easy business courses.

Worst of all, im slacking off. I know im capable of much more. All i want to do is get into Mcgill, thats my goal. Maybe I can take Civil or Chemical since lower average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies