yconic - STRESSED FOR UNI? DONT BE!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

STRESSED FOR UNI? DONT BE!

A photo of Atheven Atheven
BEFORE I BEGIN: So as I read through these forum pages, I see constant bickering about how some universities are not up to par as others. I also have noticed many negative comments towards a few universities that can be taken in a hurtful manner. For one, getting accepted into university is a big deal for some, so don't try to ruin the moment for those who have got accepted into "sup-par universities". Secondly, if you are making fun of someone who has gotten into these and I quote "sub par uni's", it is you who truly needs much more schooling.
Anyways, as I was reading these forums, I've noticed many people who are stressing over university and their marks. My answer don't stress. This is currently my 6th year in high school, and finally my last. Goofing off for a few years made me realize the benefits of post secondary education. After watching my peers go off to university not only my graduating year, but the year after that put into perspective how serious university should be taken. I learned through my two years, to pace my self. University has been around for a few hundred years, its not going to go any where in the next 2 years. Within the last 2 years i learned to appreciate the moment, so if i can offer you one piece of advice, don't stress over university because even if you don't get in your first year, if you truly want something you'll do anything for it. Its in our nature.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
22 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Don't tell me what to do :rambo:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
Don't tell me what to do :rambo:

easy there big boy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NumberOne NumberOne

@Atheven wrote
BEFORE I BEGIN: So as I read through these forum pages, I see constant bickering about how some universities are not up to par as others. I also have noticed many negative comments towards a few universities that can be taken in a hurtful manner. For one, getting accepted into university is a big deal for some, so don't try to ruin the moment for those who have got accepted into "sup-par universities". Secondly, if you are making fun of someone who has gotten into these and I quote "sub par uni's", it is you who truly needs much more schooling.
Anyways, as I was reading these forums, I've noticed many people who are stressing over university and their marks. My answer don't stress. This is currently my 6th year in high school, and finally my last. Goofing off for a few years made me realize the benefits of post secondary education. After watching my peers go off to university not only my graduating year, but the year after that put into perspective how serious university should be taken. I learned through my two years, to pace my self. University has been around for a few hundred years, its not going to go any where in the next 2 years. Within the last 2 years i learned to appreciate the moment, so if i can offer you one piece of advice, don't stress over university because even if you don't get in your first year, if you truly want something you'll do anything for it. Its in our nature.

You're 20, haven't graduated from highschool and are lecturing students, who are serious about their post-secondary goals, about how to go about treating their education?

Talk about irony..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
tl;dr
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
What OP is trying to say is that people shouldn't be all heads high for specific universities and that it's normal for other people to like different ones as well. That's the beauty of Canada / the world -> diversity in beliefs and opinions!

As well, she speaks, in the right position I should say, that simply because you are repeating a year doesn't mean you're bad, and that stressing is not necessary. You will eventually get in if you want to.

Both of these points don't signify anything in the long run, because 30 years from now, you're not going to show off about starting some specific university at the age of 17/18, nor will you hide from the crowd for starting a small one at the age of 20.

I think people have to understand that there are an unbelievable amount of different conditions that people face and that everyone has varying circumstances. Just because we turned out to be the lucky ones doesn't mean everyone else is the same.

In other words, get a life and stop harassing people for expressing their opinions. Turn to your own mistakes and learn to accept them.

Thanks and I appreciate the being of all of you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
You're going to be 3 years older than the people in first year classes, that's pathetic
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik

@Qq wrote
You're going to be 3 years older than the people in first year classes, that's pathetic

*facepalm*
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21

@Qq wrote

Come on, she was just giving us advice. No need to jump down her throat.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mikelie Mikelie
umm... thanks for the advice? :)and no matter how many people say "dont stress" lol it makes me laugh because its my future and dreams on the line!! im gonna stress! i get the point of ur idea, but who can listen to a random person on the internet with 6 years of highschool saying dont stress. sorry :(
thanks anyways :) and have good luck in your university years! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You kids may be smart with the books, but i can already tell you guys are definatley not mature. but i really do hope that talking all this ish on the internet is making you feel good inside, because frankly your just another low life degrading another person on the internet. LMAO, you guys kill me! grow up already, you guys aren't ready for uni yet, still too immature. :cheers: Cheers!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Atheven wrote
You kids may be smart with the books, but i can already tell you guys are definatley not mature. but i really do hope that talking all this ish on the internet is making you feel good inside, because frankly your just another low life degrading another person on the internet. LMAO, you guys kill me! grow up already, you guys aren't ready for uni yet, still too immature. :cheers: Cheers!

You do realize half the people said good/positive/nice things?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

the other half bud
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of katiedawn121 katiedawn121
Wow, thanks :) it's like you knew what I was thinking! But I guess that's the point; so many people stress about getting into university. Heck, I'm in Grade 11 and I'm stressing (as well as a few of my friends)! But not anymore, I'm just going to try my best, and if I don't get in, I'll pull up my grades and try again the next year. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@katiedawn121 wrote
Wow, thanks :) it's like you knew what I was thinking! But I guess that's the point; so many people stress about getting into university. Heck, I'm in Grade 11 and I'm stressing (as well as a few of my friends)! But not anymore, I'm just going to try my best, and if I don't get in, I'll pull up my grades and try again the next year. :)

Great, now you have taught kids to not worry about getting into university right after Grade 12, so they will stop trying and be screwed over for a couple years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
On your first post, I think people are dumb for caring. I go to Trent and am happy with my choice, regardless of how many people tell me to

Try
Real
Education
Next
Time

It doesn't phase me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of katiedawn121 katiedawn121

@g93 wrote
Great, now you have taught kids to not worry about getting into university right after Grade 12, so they will stop trying and be screwed over for a couple years.

Woah! Don't twist my words ... I wanna leave the city ASAP, and the only way I can do that is if I get into an Ontario university. I'm gonna try hard, but I've seen my friends getting stressed out, I've seen them with depression ... I don't wanna be like that. I'm not a Straight A student, that's why if I need to, I'll come back for Grade 13 and try again (and do better the second time around). But I don't WANT to come back for Grade 13, it's a if-i-don't-get-into-college-i-need-to-try-harder strategy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Agh!! I'm going to audition for music performance (violin)...

All the practising is really stressing me out. I can't sleep, I need three cups of coffee to help me wake up in the morning and around five o'clock I'm already burned out so I need... More coffee... I don't sleep until 3 AM because, well, I can't fall asleep T-T

Anyone know any good stress relievers?
... Besides "don't stress"?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of g93 g93

@katiedawn121 wrote

@g93 wrote

Woah! Don't twist my words ... I wanna leave the city ASAP, and the only way I can do that is if I get into an Ontario university. I'm gonna try hard, but I've seen my friends getting stressed out, I've seen them with depression ... I don't wanna be like that. I'm not a Straight A student, that's why if I need to, I'll come back for Grade 13 and try again (and do better the second time around). But I don't WANT to come back for Grade 13, it's a if-i-don't-get-into-college-i-need-to-try-harder strategy.

I was trying to make a point to OP, so I had to twist them slightly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I was hoping for something, you know, legal... xD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@Atheven wrote

Dude, you're so right. Like, I was thinking about it, and dude, these kids are so totally young and they probably can't even wipe themselves, you know? Definately. LMAO!

If sounding like an idiot, making sweeping, downgrading generalizations about a group of people one used to be a part of, and have no appreciation for books makes one mature, I don't want to be mature.
Was this helpful? Yes 0