yconic - Stressed! Help!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Stressed! Help!

A photo of Rya Rya
My grade 11 marks

SCH3U 85
SBI3U 85
ENG3U 87
SPH3U 92
MCR3U 93
ICS3U 97

My completed grade 12 courses
MHF4U 90
ICS4U 93

Midterms for my first sem will be
SCH4U 93-95
ENG4U 92-94
SBI4U 78-81

My bio midterms are making me scared. Are my chances of early accpetance ruined because of my midterm bio mark? Or do i still have hope? Btw,I am applying to McMaster, Waterloo, and University of toronto's life science programs. Bio is a requirement for life science program. Am I screwed?

Thank you guys for taking your time and answering my question.
Thank you all for your encouraging words.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
81 is really good! but try not to make it go anymore below 78
but your other marks look great! so don't worry too much :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Victorinox Victorinox
Wow! Your English and Chem marks are pretty amazing! Out of the ~80 students taking Chem this semester at my school, there's currently only 5 students with marks in the 90s. As for English, I don't think there's one person with marks in the 90s right now! You're doing great, keep it up and good luck applying this year :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@fxoqxc wrote
your chem mark is amazing (i think our top chem mark in my class is 94)

your english mark.. let's just say 90s in english at my school are unheard of.. maybe once a year

your bio mark is decent. my bio teacher is hard as well. i usually end up studying a total of ~40 hours for each quiz/test and still am only managing low 90s.. i know that feel when teachers give retarded tests haha

UTSG life sci gives early acceptance (based on 1st sem marks) to just about everyone.. u of t in general accepts everyone lmao

mcmaster life sci not too sure, but healthsci doesn't give early acceptance at all

anyway don't worry too much about early acceptance.. they're conditional anyway, what the hell is the point?

They may not matter in the end, but they do give you a peace of mind.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Early admission means nothing. Just make sure you have a high 80 average for mac's life science program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adv4ntag3 adv4ntag3
you'd get in with those marks...schools don't look at individual course marks unless they specifically state each course needs to be above a certain grade..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
There's 6 courses they look at, a mark at that range in bio isn't going to severely affect you admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rya Rya

@fxoqxc wrote

UTSG life sci gives early acceptance (based on 1st sem marks) to just about everyone.. u of t in general accepts everyone lmao

Really? wow, I thought it was really hard getting into u of t.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
First semester midterm marks are not looked at for anything. You're fine.

Also, fxoqxc I know where you're name is from. Starcraft is so legit, and pretty much every university has some sort of starcraft scene haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0