yconic - Stressed out... What to do with my life?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Stressed out... What to do with my life?

A photo of gs1003 gs1003
Hello everyone, i'm not a high school student, I graduated from high school years ago.

I suffer from mild depression, enough to make me feel hopeless and cause me to lack confidence and motivation.

Throughout school I was always a bright student. I was the type of student that could study last minute for a test and still manage to pull off at least a 70.

I went to York university for Biomedical science but I dropped out just a while back. I felt like I couldn't handle it because of my depression and overall lack of motivation. I didn't know why I was there or if that was even what I wanted to do.

I'm so confused and depressed because I have no direction in life. I haven't went to school full time in a few years now. I can't decide what I want to do. I don't understand how high school students these days can just go into university without thinking twice and just go with the flow and become doctors and whatnot.

Is there a way I can get some direction in my life? I have quite a few interests but I don't know what I want to do in school and as a career. I'm not getting any younger, and the older I get, the more depressed I get that I can't find direction.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of iRamie iRamie
You know what man, a few months ago i was in the same situation as you, maybe not that sever. Im in high school, lets just say "Things fell apart" for me. My grades dropped severely, my relationships just cut themselves.
I told people just like you are. I went on forums and anonymously explained my situation and got help. Eventually using everyone's advice i was able to set myself a path/direction i was to follow. I had it all planned out and now executing that plan.
So i think you should just take some time and plan out what you want to do and follow through :D.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of A23C A23C
I felt the same way a few months back and I came on this forum just to get assurance from people that everything was going to be alright. And.. guess what things have gotten much better

This phase of your life is to make yourself someone, to get a career going to establish yourself before settling down (if you want). Years later, when you look back do you want to feel even worse thinking that you could have become something, and like you say you have potential, and you know it, then use it! Ask yourself what you could do if you actually took the time out to focus, what your limits would be?

Don't give up hope! Right now all you need are some wise words to get you out of that depression dump. Talk to people; friends, family, even we're here to help! Just find a way to get enough motivation to get yourself back on track. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan
careercrusing.com
Was this helpful? Yes 0