yconic - Stressing over Grade 11 marks!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Stressing over Grade 11 marks!

A photo of davidtrannn davidtrannn
I heard due to job action that UBC is going to look at our Grade 11 marks for early admission, I'm currently in Grade 11, almost finished (1 1/2 months to go) I am looking to go into Pharmacy at UBC after graduation. Probably not that great :(, I was just wondering what you guys think of my grades so far.

Biology 11 - 88%
Chemistry 11 - 84% - Final Mark
Physics 11 - 77% -___- Final Mark
Pre-Calculus 11 - 94%
English 11 - 93%
Social Studies - 89% Final Mark
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
Does it really matter if you get accepted a couple months before everyone else does?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of davidtrannn davidtrannn
Just wondering what people think of my grades so far if UBC considers my Grade 11 marks along with my Grade 12 marks when I apply.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Hakureikken Hakureikken
The optimum or "safe" percentage for UBC science should be around 92%, although high 80's will do if you have very strong extracurriculars.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serllen Serllen
I don't think you really need to worry because it will happen again if the Ministry of Education and BCTF don't come to an agreement before you start applying for university which is around next year January. There is already an legislation passed in Victoria that regards education as an essential service and forces teachers to do report cards and such. So I don't think you really need to worry about the job action.
In order to get into general science at UBC, as mentioned in the above post, you will need an average of 92% in order to be guaranteed of an admission. However, I have friends with average of 89~91% that got into UBC general science last year(although they received the offer really late).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatWarrior1995 CatWarrior1995

@Jsonga wrote
Does it really matter if you get accepted a couple months before everyone else does?

this...
Your marks are awesome for the most part just raise that physics mark by 3% more and ur good... I know you can do it! (Obv. for next year)

I wouldnt worry... :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0