yconic - Stuck At Prom
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Stuck At Prom

A photo of Alikat Alikat
Has anyone ever tried the stuck at prom contest? If you have, did you actually have to wear the dresses to the prom?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
LOL I saw this on the web somewhere!
So awesome.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Alikat wrote
Has anyone ever tried the stuck at prom contest? If you have, did you actually have to wear the dresses to the prom?

Do I need to wear my outfit to prom to be eligible?
Yes. We require at least one photo of you and your prom date in duct tape prom attire, but the location can vary (before, during or after prom).

Source: http://www.duckbrand.com/Promotions/stuck-at-prom/FAQ.aspx

All your questions can be answered in the link above.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
I could never make a dress out of duct tape, so there's no point even looking at it :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@ZFero wrote

@Alikat wrote

Do I need to wear my outfit to prom to be eligible?
Yes. We require at least one photo of you and your prom date in duct tape prom attire, but the location can vary (before, during or after prom).

Source: http://www.duckbrand.com/Promotions/stuck-at-prom/FAQ.aspx

All your questions can be answered in the link above.

Technically, you can make it.. take a picture at a nice looking location, then take it off and wear your actual prom dress.
LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I was seriously considering doing this with a friend before. Then I saw the amount of duct tape these people used (26-40+ rolls). At $7 a roll that's around $180 to $280+

yeah... no. lol

It doesn't look like any of the winners actually wore their duct tape dress to the prom. Just put it on take a couple pictures and take it off :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I don't think I qualify for this one.:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alikat Alikat
Yeah, that's what it looked like the previous winners did, although my partner did point out that they would be able to contact the school to see if we actually wore the dresses to prom :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
A couple friends and I were going to do this but we ran out of money and the tape is so expensive. So cool though.

And Impasse it's about $5 a roll... but still nuts haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emilykd emilykd
YEAH! I'm going to do it this year. And I'm planning on wearing it...if it looks good....
Also going to use cheap knock-off dollar store duct tape. (Shh!)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan
some of the pictures are so cool from the inners next year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
I think I'll join you girls in this; this looks too awesome to pass up!
Was this helpful? Yes 0