yconic - Studentawards > Facebook
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Studentawards > Facebook

A photo of amhsirak amhsirak
Is it normal to spend more time on this site than on Facebook? Am I human? I swear I check the business forum more than I check my Facebook :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0
23 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
LOL I (almost) agree with this.
I check SA just as often as I check Facebook but I actually spend more time on Facebook.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I check SA once in a while, but Facebook is still my crack.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@heesoup wrote

+1

I think the business forum gets more traffic than the rest of the forum combined.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@Zion wrote

@heesoup wrote

+1

I think the business forum gets more traffic than the rest of the forum combined.

Very true. People are desperate to get into Ivey, Waterloo, Schulich, Rotman, QC, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't even check on OUAC or the university website to see if I've been accepted. I come onto here to see if anyone has gotten accepted into my programs... Lol.. Yea ppl (like me) are OBSESSED with this site. If only I knew how to block this and Facebook on safari.... I would save hundreds or hours… :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@amhsirak wrote
I don't even check on OUAC or the university website to see if I've been accepted. I come onto here to see if anyone has gotten accepted into my programs... Lol.. Yea ppl (like me) are OBSESSED with this site. If only I knew how to block this and Facebook on safari.... I would save hundreds or hours… :bounce:

Hahahah amen to this.
AFTER I see people get accepted into the same program that I applied to do I actually get on the portal/OUAC to check my own application status.
:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
You're all lucky this site isn't as active as the old forums.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I love checking the old forums... so much better info. Sucks that no one posts there anymore.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of simplySimple simplySimple
I agree, this site is pretty addicting, but I go on fb wayyy more!
Its on my phone so its a major procrastination tool:S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@amhsirak wrote
Sucks that no one posts there anymore.

Lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
This forum is pretty inactive now. The old SA FORUMS was awesome...I was hooked to that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of halestorm29 halestorm29
This forum depresses me beyond belief. Everyone on here is so smart! And yet I am addicted......
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
This forum is probably more useful at least than facebook. PLus you could always just click over to the scholarships and work on those and voila! CASH!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lol @ the excuses we provide in order to not feel guilty of wasting time :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asyeda asyeda
I'm :trying: to get more addicted to this than Facebook ;-) The latter is definitely the bane of implementing good study habits, lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I am anti-facebook. I got banned from my first account, forgot my password to my second, and deleted my third, since I disagree with facebook. I have no regrets.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@TheMetroidPhysicist wrote
I am anti-facebook. I got banned from my first account, forgot my password to my second, and deleted my third, since I disagree with facebook. I have no regrets.

That's probably for the better.
Wish I could be anti-Facebook.
I would be so much more productive.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote

Spread the word. I would love to form an anti-facebook movement.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

How do you get banned from facebook?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@cyynthiia wrote

Spread the word. I would love to form an anti-facebook movement.

I still refuse to join Facebook. Although it did screw me over for the AFMAA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion
How do you have a social life without Facebook?

I understand that's an ironic question, but it's legitimate. When I think of the people in my school who still don't have Facebook, it's always the least social/popular ones.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Zion wrote
How do you have a social life without Facebook?

I understand that's an ironic question, but it's legitimate. When I think of the people in my school who still don't have Facebook, it's always the least social/popular ones.

Typing lol on the computer is not my definition of being social. There are quite a number of people at my school without Facebook. And there are even more who have it but never use it. If you want to talk to someone, you talk face-to-face. Do I really need to check my friend's status to see that the Habs won last night? No, I can see his jersey on when I talk to him and then play some road hockey and kick his a$$.

And at my school, it's DEFINITELY the least social/popular ones who arfe on Facebook the most.
Was this helpful? Yes 0