yconic - Studio Arts At Mac/UTM/Western ?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Studio Arts At Mac/UTM/Western ?

A photo of faffyfaff faffyfaff
Hey guys,

I have been very confused which university to go to for Visual Arts. Which university has the best Arts program. Also I wished to do a double major in business and visual arts. So what would be my best approach ?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Irish Irish
You should check out the integrated Arts & Business program at Waterloo. I am planning to apply there - I talked to the guy at the University show and you take whichever Art program (eg Fine Arts) you want to take, you can also take a minor in Digital Media and you have a certain number of business courses that you also have to take for the program. It sounds pretty good to me. I haven't been there yet to see the facilities, but I plan to go in the spring.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chii chii
You might consider York for their business program, as well as fine arts.

York is well known for both programs!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
well i may be a little biased in posting this but i say go to McMaster. I am currently in my second year there for art history and there are a whole bunch of people in my classes that are in the art program but are minoring in art history or double majoring (i cant remember which theyre doing lol) But I've heard they only accept a limited amount of people (like 40 or something??) and you have to submit some sort of portfolio and do an interview. a lot of work, yes, but from what i understand its a really good program and it really is a wonderful school. I certainly recommend it :) hope this helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xphat xphat
Hey!
One of my friends got an email from Mac saying that they might add in a Studio Art BA, so you should check that out. Macs current Art program only accepts about 40 people, it's quite competitive.
York definitely has a really good Art program as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of orangeflower orangeflower

@Christina13 wrote
well i may be a little biased in posting this but i say go to McMaster. I am currently in my second year there for art history and there are a whole bunch of people in my classes that are in the art program but are minoring in art history or double majoring (i cant remember which theyre doing lol) But I've heard they only accept a limited amount of people (like 40 or something??) and you have to submit some sort of portfolio and do an interview. a lot of work, yes, but from what i understand its a really good program and it really is a wonderful school. I certainly recommend it :) hope this helps!

Hi, I want to do a minor in art @ McMaster but I have applied to Environment and Earth Sciences. Do you know if I can still take art courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0