yconic - Study in UBC
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Study in UBC

A photo of Michail Michail
Hello ,

My name is Michael , I'm from Israel . I want to make my master program in UBC, but right now I have small economics problem. I was wondering if it's possible to receive full scholarship for two years study. Because here in university I graduated from , U can study and work in the campus thats way U can live and pay for second degree. I was graduated from Technion Israel institute of technology. Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
A lot of Canadian schools offer funding packages for grad students. For example, I am going to the University of Toronto, and they guarantee $15,000/year in funding plus a tuition waiver for all masters students. I also believe you could apply for an NSERC scholarship after your first year, which is a form of government funding. Contact the various schools to ask about what funding they might be able to offer. You can also work as a teaching assistant, which would add an extra few thousand dollars.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Michail Michail
Thank you for you answer .

But I want to study in UBC . Maybe here on the forum some international students that already study in UBC. Gave me some tips how to accomplish my wish :) .

BR
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Contact UBC to ask about their typical funding packages. I was just giving an example of one from another school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@ktel wrote
A lot of Canadian schools offer funding packages for grad students. For example, I am going to the University of Toronto, and they guarantee $15,000/year in funding plus a tuition waiver for all masters students. I also believe you could apply for an NSERC scholarship after your first year, which is a form of government funding. Contact the various schools to ask about what funding they might be able to offer. You can also work as a teaching assistant, which would add an extra few thousand dollars.

Sorry to invade, but how does one live on that little?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Well that includes a tuition waiver, so luckily you don't have to pay tuition out of that. So it's $1250 a month, which is tight but doable. $400-500 a month on rent, $300 on food, $100 transportation, $400 variable. I actually received NSERC funding ($17,500 for one year, U of T drops their funding to $12,000/year but no tuition waiver) so my yearly funding is higher than that. If I receive similar external awards in my second year I will be able to live pretty comfortably.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Look online, there are tons of scholarships to apply for, especially if you would have difficulty attending UBC without one. I'm going to UBC for the first time this year too. YEAAAAAAH BUDDY
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of seohut868686 seohut868686
thanks for sharing:cheers: :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0