yconic - Studying habits on how to get good marks, needs some tips
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Studying habits on how to get good marks, needs some tips

A photo of AngelRider123 AngelRider123
I know it seems like a pretty dumb question but I will ask how and what is your study habits for better marks? I know that everyone is all different when it comes time to study and do the homework, but I want to know how you guys did it. I have try different methods on how to study well and there are some that works for me and there are some that aren't working for me. I am usually the type of person who like to record everything and listen while I am studying. At times, I would record myself by using my I-pod or any recording device to help me study with the terms and notes. It was a success when I did it grade 11 and parts in grade 12, but then it seems as tho it isn't working for me at all anymore. I try others like visual and others too but none can compare me with doing the same work over and over again and recording myself as I study. It is kinda weird for me to study but it works but I was thinking of finding another way that I can study well so that I can aim my bar a little higher.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of petarpoparacrni petarpoparacrni
I personally just listen in class and do a quick 10min review the morning of the test. I have a very good memory and understand things quick too so it works for me. Other than that I only do homework thats being marked. I never started a essay more than a week before its due. Earliest I ever started work was 6 days before my 10 pg Polisci paper was due. If its not mark I dont do it usually.

Of course this works pretty good for me (solid 4.0 GPA), but everyone is different. Try to pay extra attention in class (if you haven't already) and try doing it the old fashioned way. Read the text over until you understand. Note all my points are only relevant for social science courses as that's what my grade 12 year is essentially.

PS: Sorry if this isn't helpful!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AngelRider123 AngelRider123

@petarpoparacrni wrote
I personally just listen in class and do a quick 10min review the morning of the test. I have a very good memory and understand things quick too so it works for me. Other than that I only do homework thats being marked. I never started a essay more than a week before its due. Earliest I ever started work was 6 days before my 10 pg Polisci paper was due. If its not mark I dont do it usually.

Of course this works pretty good for me (solid 4.0 GPA), but everyone is different. Try to pay extra attention in class (if you haven't already) and try doing it the old fashioned way. Read the text over until you understand. Note all my points are only relevant for social science courses as that's what my grade 12 year is essentially.

PS: Sorry if this isn't helpful!

I always pay attention in class when my teachers learn something new. When I don't get something, I am always curious on what the lesson is about or the word is about. I am sometime a slow learner from time to time but at the same time I am a fast learner when I get it straight up. I have been doing my homework even when they aren't due. That is true that everyone is all different when getting solid marks. Thank you for your advice and don't worry about that, it really did help me understand a lot. Thank you :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0