yconic - Suggestions to get experience in Media/Film/Television feilds
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Suggestions to get experience in Media/Film/Television feilds

A photo of swimchick772 swimchick772
Hey I was wondering what some ways are to get involved in Media. I love to volunteer and I am gearing towards volunteering with organizations that will give me more experience in the field I want to go to school for. I am currently volunteering for Rogers TV with the hopes of getting into Ryerson RTA or other programs similar like Western MTP. Does anyone have any other ideas for me to get involved
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You are doing a good job by volunteering at Rogers. By the way, I have done summer co-op there too.
When it comes to the media, it is not easy to get 'involved' because very few TV or radio stations accept volunteers. However, it becomes more possible once you get accepted to university and do an internship in media related fields. Just a question: What do you want your future job in the media-field to be?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of swimchick772 swimchick772
I'm not quite sure what career path i want yet but I do know i love everything and anything in media, which is why im looking for oppoutunites not only to get experience but give me some possible suggestions for career paths.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
not sure about now, but once you do get to university, there will be on-campus opportunities. I can't speak for all schools, but U of T for example has a student-run radio station and TV (well, youtube) channel. not to mention all the newspapers, magazines and so on.
Was this helpful? Yes 0