yconic - SUMMER COURSES AND MED SCHOOL, PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

SUMMER COURSES AND MED SCHOOL, PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

A photo of 456ooo456 456ooo456
hi, i'm just a bit confused regarding summer courses and med school.

so most med schools don't count courses taken during the summer as part of the GPA - but they are counted towards finishing up a degree? what if the courses are prerequisites?

i go to the university of toronto - scarborough campus. it's a trisemestered school, so the courses taken do count towards my gpa and my degree, whether they are prereqs or not, right?

but for the UofT med school, it says that they don't count summer courses into the gpa.

i am not taking a full course load during the year, only four courses per semester, and i'm planning on doing two in the summer. i was going to do to easy electives then, but now i'm thinking i should shift some of my harder courses to the summer session so they won't count towards my gpa and just do the easy ones now. is that how it works, or am i missing something?

i just got interested in medicine, so when i chose my course load (and i chose this lighter one due to some suggestions by a few friends)i didnt take any fo these factors into consideration.

so do med schools look down on a lighter course load and summer school?

what if from next year (my second year) i take a full fourse load for fall/winter, but do soem hard courses (like organic chem) that are not required for my degree/program, but so that i get the knowledge needed for the mcat and not have them count towards my gpa?

can someone clear this up for me and tell me if im missing something?

please help me out, i just found out about this minutes before and im so confused and scared!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of kevinlated kevinlated
You know you can either email or call the the admission offices.

@456ooo456 wrote

so most med schools don't count courses taken during the summer as part of the GPA - but they are counted towards finishing up a degree? what if the courses are prerequisites?

i go to the university of toronto - scarborough campus. it's a trisemestered school, so the courses taken do count towards my gpa and my degree, whether they are prereqs or not, right?

but for the UofT med school, it says that they don't count summer courses into the gpa.

i am not taking a full course load during the year, only four courses per semester, and i'm planning on doing two in the summer. i was going to do to easy electives then, but now i'm thinking i should shift some of my harder courses to the summer session so they won't count towards my gpa and just do the easy ones now. is that how it works, or am i missing something?

i just got interested in medicine, so when i chose my course load (and i chose this lighter one due to some suggestions by a few friends)i didnt take any fo these factors into consideration.

what if from next year (my second year) i take a full fourse load for fall/winter, but do soem hard courses (like organic chem) that are not required for my degree/program, but so that i get the knowledge needed for the mcat and not have them count towards my gpa?

please help me out, i just found out about this minutes before and im so confused and scared!!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kevinlated kevinlated
You know you can either email or call the the admission offices.

@456ooo456 wrote

Was this helpful? Yes 0