yconic - SUMMER JOB - HELP
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

SUMMER JOB - HELP

A photo of lmao lmao
For the summer, I want to apply for a camp counselor job do you guys know where I can find the links to apply?

I have plenty of work experience, mostly working at call centers and fast food chains.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
26 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
:erm:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=summer+camp+counsellor+positions
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
Gee thanks, you are a genius..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lmao wrote
Gee thanks, you are a genius..

You're welcome. Isn't Google cool? I think they're on to something. I think Google will be rich someday!

But seriously, you're looking for a camp position. There are thousands of organizations out there and they're mostly captured by that Google search.

You're welcome.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of experiencer experiencer

@lmao wrote
For the summer, I want to apply for a camp counselor job do you guys know where I can find the links to apply?

I have plenty of work experience, mostly working at call centers and fast food chains.

Hi lmao,

First of all, I would like to commend you for your job efforts! Good work! =)

In response to your question, I am aware that many community centres offer camps for children, so you should give them a call to ask. You can also check the YMCA, YWCA, Big Brothers Big Sisters, etc.

I recommend however, that you may want to obtain some volunteer experience working with children and even camps specifically. Being able to handle children and work with them in a camp setting is extremely important.

Hope I helped!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of munrobr munrobr
It's a good idea to check your cities' web site. Typically job postings for city-run camps can be found there. I know YMCA offers good positions as was stated previously, but city work would probably land you more cash to help you out through the school year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thanan1 thanan1
I was thinking about getting a job at either Future Shop or Best Buy, either one is fine. But, I was wondering how I should go about applying. How should I make the resume and what requirements I might need.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thanan1 wrote
I was thinking about getting a job at either Future Shop or Best Buy, either one is fine. But, I was wondering how I should go about applying. How should I make the resume and what requirements I might need.

If this is a legitimate question, make a new thread and I'll respond. Don't try to hijack this thread.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mstudent mstudent
I am interested in becoming a tutor for english, science, social studies, and basic math. How would i go about doing this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mstudent wrote
I am interested in becoming a tutor for english, science, social studies, and basic math. How would i go about doing this?

You apply to be a tutor. Hard eh?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shutharshan Shutharshan
JUST HAVE A GODD RESUME AND GOOD JOB INTERVIEW
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cblake01 cblake01
Agreed the resume comes first without a good one you won't get anywhere and then aim to impress and be honest in your interview that is what people are looking for. Hardworking and honest people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sumreen89 sumreen89
yeah ymca and ywca are great places to work at! i did my coop there!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sumreen89 sumreen89
HEYYY I KNOW AN AWSOMEEEEEEEE WAY TO SPEND YOUR SUMMER and gain great community service experiance.. check out "operationgroundswell.com"
its volunteering, going over seas to like southeast asia, west africa, east africa, south america etc. and help them out, build houses, advocate on the people behalfs..
ITS A HUGE PLUS TO PUT ON YOUR RESUME
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashley99948 ashley99948
try maybe looking for job's up north... any camps in the country look for people all the time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JennaLynMarie JennaLynMarie
Look for local camps to apply to. Usually they have websites for whatever province or state you live in that will direct you locally. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of missylynn missylynn
Depends on where you live you might be close or far to some summer camps. They typically have websites but i would also check at the churches an schools near you and ask.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tobybennett tobybennett
government of canada job bank is a good place to look
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of herlein123 herlein123
I did some hiring for a summer camp last year. For us, we looked for experience over education. A 17 year old who has volunteered a lot with kids showed more promise than someone in University who has taken courses on working with kids, but never actually has.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of toridlf toridlf
Hey do any of guys know were i can look for job hierings at pools?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@toridlf wrote
Hey do any of guys know were i can look for job hierings at pools?

YMCA? LOLLL..
or any of your local pools, really..
I don't think they usual post jobs online, go into the community centre/pool in person and ask.
It seems a bit more personal that way anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of alissarogova alissarogova
If anyone really needs to earn money over the summer the best way to go is....
AT A RESTAURANT !

Trust me. First of all you get to meet lots of cool people and on top of you usual salary you get TIPS!!

The Tips at restaurants vary depending on the restaurant but when i was working there i didn't even need to use my paycheck because the tips just kept me financially happy :)

Also you usually get really great discounts, so that means a cheap food+ no need to waste you paycheck, just put into savings until you run of tips ( which is really really REALLY rare)

GOOD LUCK
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingLime KingLime
Find a camp that you wan to work at and apply there. Most likely a summer will want the qualities of a mentor and a leader; you got to have leadership, charisma, and a heart.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
Hey, I know this is late but if the OP wants to PM me, I have extensive experience with camp jobs:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
ITS OK I AM STILL LOOKING
OMG SO YOU CAN HOOOOOK ME UP???^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lmao wrote
ITS OK I AM STILL LOOKING
OMG SO YOU CAN HOOOOOK ME UP???^

Have the users in this thread not suggested plenty of restaurants to start your search?
Was this helpful? Yes 0