yconic - summer or private school effect your admission?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

summer or private school effect your admission?

A photo of tashi tashi
i am not a regular day student. and i will soon be applying for Mac or UofT into life science.i still need to finish 4 more grade 12 courses by the end of this year.

English
chemistry
exercise science
individuals & families in diverse society

i will be taking two in night school,one in summer school and one in private school.

1) i heard that university look down on courses taken form private school especially if you take English since its mandatory subject. is that true? will it effect my admission if i take some of my major courses from private high school?

2) DO Mac and UofT wait until late July for final marks?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki
Mac doesnt care where you took the course, whether at summer school or private school. it'll just take your highest mark.

U of T pays a lot of attention to where you took the course and whether that course was being repeated or not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of taraY26 taraY26
i don't know about UofT but for Mac,

1)doesn't matter for private school as long as it is under approve of Ontario ministry of education. they will treat the same.

2)if you are going to university in September 2012,you cannot take summer school. they want your final marks by the end of June.

yes. do 2 for n.s and 1 in private school and an online course.:cheese:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tashi tashi
thanks tara and josh. mac is my first choice so its such a relief to hear that. i just have to finish everything by the end of june :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0