yconic - Summer school in grade 10
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Summer school in grade 10

A photo of ashbidd ashbidd
When I was in grade 10 I went to summer school for math and I finished with 95. I am now in my first year of university and I plan on applying to med school next year. Do you think that going to summer school in grade 10 will affect my chances of getting into med school? I'm doing pretty good in university right now, and I do volunteer work at the hospital in the pediatrics department every week (I want to be a pediatrician).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
18 replies

A photo of Qq Qq
Once you're in university your high school transcript goes into the trash
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashbidd ashbidd
That's a relief.
Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of davedave123 davedave123
highschool marks are no worries after university
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci
LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WendyLai WendyLai
Yeah, everything you do affects your med school acceptance. Even your grade 9 teacher, so hopefully you didn't piss any of them off, otherwise, you can kiss your med school dreams out the WINDOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bonafide603207 bonafide603207

@WendyLai wrote
Yeah, everything you do affects your med school acceptance. Even your grade 9 teacher, so hopefully you didn't piss any of them off, otherwise, you can kiss your med school dreams out the WINDOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

+11111
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of sarahliu2013 sarahliu2013
I doubt it will affect you, but I'm not sure?
Although out of curiosity where did you do summer school? I'm looking to take some courses this summer and am currently in Grade 10
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danimac514 danimac514
Regardless of the fact that you did summer school in grade 10, like others have said, your University marks are what will be of most importance. Also, if you are still concerned don't sell yourself short and forget the fact that you got a 95 not a 59!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Porsche4 Porsche4
summer school?? your life rocks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
Thinking of taking ENG3U for summerschool...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of crazyman123 crazyman123

@StudentAtStPats wrote
Thinking of taking ENG3U for summerschool...

I took it in summer school and got an 88. Pretty good for english if you ask me :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
LOL wow no the last thing they'll care about is your grade 10 summer school mark in English :| which was a 95 anyway.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pm pm
I was just wondering...what hospital do you volunteer at?
how is pediatrics...do you like it? I want to become a pediatrician as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sweetsour024 sweetsour024
lol yes your marks in highschool could count but at which time you did it means nothing. I did my grade 10 math during summer school. Only because they couldn't fit it into my course during the regular school semesters. And now I'm graduated and there is no proof of when I did it just the fact that is is done :p
So don't even worrie about it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iDream iDream
oh man your life is over!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hannah.a.11 hannah.a.11
Did you go to fast track or to upgrade your mark?
Was this helpful? Yes 0