yconic - Summer School Marks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Summer School Marks?

A photo of jelly jelly
I've heard from a variety of sources that marks from summer school will have a certain number deducted because its seen as easier, but I've also heard that it doesn't matter. I'd just like to get verification before I go ahead and go for summer school. I'm going for English this summer and I'd like my final mark to be around 85 ideally, after all reductions if applicable. If reductions do apply, what mark should I be aiming for in order to have an 85 equivalent in day school? If its too high of a mark, I think I'll drop the idea of English summer school altogether and take something that isn't a pre-req.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Really depends on what program/school you want to apply to.
If you are applying to Waterloo accounting or engineering, DO NOT take summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Does this really only apply to Waterloo? I'm interested in Waterloo, but there are a variety of other schools I also have interest for. If its not too important for other schools, I could probably consider taking a non pre-requisite.
Was this helpful? Yes 0