yconic - Summer School
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Summer School

A photo of kroyuni kroyuni
Hey,

I'm planning on going into business and I'm aware of the pre-req math courses I need to take. Math is not one of my favourite subjects as it drops my average. So for summer school, I was planning on taking Data Management.

Is this a good idea? Because I hear Data's easier than the other two gr.12 math courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've been told that Data is pretty helpful in business (more specifically, in accounting).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So, yeah, do that. :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
Data management is not like the other maths at all, so don't think it will have the same effect as them and bring down your average. I suggest you take it during the year, because you'll learn a whole lot more and benefit from it. Trust me on that one. As long as you DO your homework REGULARLY on a daily basis, you will do excellent in the course. Unless fate wills otherwise.
So yeah... But if you're really set on summer school, then fine. Just remember you won't benefit from it as much.

That's my suggestion, good luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of paramecium paramecium
Also speaking of Summer School - if you apply for a Computer Science program at Waterloo with 1 summer school grade, do they knock a certain percentage off of your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
^ They can't knock down percentages. But Waterloo doesn't like summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ZusGodofThunder ZusGodofThunder
i took classes outside of my regular term year, help me decrease my course load and gives me more day that i can possibly work at my part time job everyweek, if your shool had programs running all year long thats what i suggest doing cause its not really then tecnicaly summer school
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ffcelik wrote
Data management is not like the other maths at all, so don't think it will have the same effect as them and bring down your average. I suggest you take it during the year, because you'll learn a whole lot more and benefit from it. Trust me on that one. As long as you DO your homework REGULARLY on a daily basis, you will do excellent in the course. Unless fate wills otherwise.
So yeah... But if you're really set on summer school, then fine. Just remember you won't benefit from it as much.

That's my suggestion, good luck :)

Thanks for your advice. But the reason I want to take it in summer school is because I don't want to do it during the year, since I will already be doing Advanced Functions and Calculus. Having a third math would suck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
If you don't receive an 80+ in any course in summer school that's quite disgraceful
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
How much does it affect your average? Cause you know you'll have to take a few math courses in uni, right...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote
How much does it affect your average? Cause you know you'll have to take a few math courses in uni, right...

I see myself getting around low/mid 80's
Was this helpful? Yes 0