yconic - Summer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Summer

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
... is finally here. I was just at the beach, where it was a balmy 33 degrees, 41 degrees after humidity. UV rating was 9, so my pasty white skin will definitely be getting a burn. Love it! So glad we're just at the beginning of it too. I never want to see winter again.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

A photo of EastSideBoyz EastSideBoyz
Summer means a hella lotta work for me :(
<need to work so I can pay off future uni expenses....
but I hope its not too hot this summer as I hate the humidity! i get uncomfortable
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@EastSideBoyz wrote
but I hope its not too hot this summer as I hate the humidity! i get uncomfortable

I've made a little pact with my self to not complain about the heat this summer. Complaining doesn't help anything and is only annoying to everyone in earshot. So far I haven't complained at all but its yet to get over 30 degrees Celsius. I think I can do it though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
... is finally here. I was just at the beach, where it was a balmy 33 degrees, 41 degrees after humidity. UV rating was 9, so my pasty white skin will definitely be getting a burn. Love it! So glad we're just at the beginning of it too. I never want to see winter again.

Try running a triathlon in it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@caveman wrote
Try running a triathlon.

Isn't that only a third of it? Not too bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@caveman wrote

Yeah, I don't think I'd be too concerned about the heat; I'd be more concerned about how I would run in the water and run on the bike.

But, yeah, I wouldn't want to be doing anything too physical. Just too hot. Lying on the beach, on the other hand, was paradise.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Yes I am here. All hail the mighty SUMmer123456 :cheers:!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Yatesb wrote

@EastSideBoyz wrote

I've made a little pact with my self to not complain about the heat this summer. Complaining doesn't help anything and is only annoying to everyone in earshot. So far I haven't complained at all but its yet to get over 30 degrees Celsius. I think I can do it though.

Just over 30 degrees is pretty soft...no offence. Try the Sahara Desert for size if you think this is hot. Just stay hydrated and you'll be good to go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Depends if it's 30 degrees before humidity or 30 degrees after humidity. 30 degrees after humidity, I think, is perfect. 30 degrees before humidity can be pretty harsh, depending on the humidity level.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Depends if it's 30 degrees before humidity or 30 degrees after humidity. 30 degrees after humidity, I think, is perfect. 30 degrees before humidity can be pretty harsh, depending on the humidity level.

Yeah, but over a sustained period the weather tends to mellow out. The best solution is to stay indoors for that duration, I guess, if it becomes too bothersome.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gorges26 Gorges26
It looks like it's gunna be another hot and humid summer in southern Ontario. Thankfully I landed an awesome summer job in Nunavut that starts in a month so I get to escape the heat for a while. Can't wait to go up north!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@SUMmer123456 wrote

Yeah, but over a sustained period the weather tends to mellow out. The best solution is to stay indoors for that duration, I guess, if it becomes too bothersome.

Where I live it has never gone above 40 degrees WITH humidity. I have never been anywhere hotter, so the heat I experience is sometimes alot for me to handle. I have no doubt the Sahara desert is hotter.

But anyways, its not really about the heat, its more about accomplishing the goal I set.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@Zion wrote

@caveman wrote
Try running a triathlon.

Isn't that only a third of it? Not too bad.

@caveman wrote

Yeah, I don't think I'd be too concerned about the heat; I'd be more concerned about how I would run in the water and run on the bike.

But, yeah, I wouldn't want to be doing anything too physical. Just too hot. Lying on the beach, on the other hand, was paradise.

Ha ha you guys are so funny. I almost laughed.

It was 32 degrees before humidity, and 40+ with it

Completing a triathlon in that heat is hard.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I saw lots of people out biking and running today. I certainly had no desire to do so.

Who I really don't envy are the construction workers I'd pass by driving around town.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke

I saw lots of people out biking and running today. I certainly had no desire to do so.

Who I really don't envy are the construction workers I'd pass by driving around town.

They're unionized labour. 1 hour work, 2 hour break.

Just kidding.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, these weren't municipal construction workers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super
Two more exams to go until SUMMER... no wait... SUMMER SCHOOL! YES! :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted