yconic - Survey time, guys.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Survey time, guys.

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Posted this on another board as well.
Survey time, guys. It's for my little sister's Data Management class. Help me/her out?
Answer the questions to the best of your ability.
ONLY ANSWER YES OR NO. No explanations or "maybe" type answers!
For each question, consider a superposition of ALL possible circumstances and situations weighted against each other equally, then give me an answer that reflects your actions MOST of the time/overall.
For example: Would you assault someone? If you wouldn't assault someone randomly on the street just because you could get away with it, but WOULD defend yourself, then your answer would be NO: because overall, you wouldn't be assaulting people.

1. Would you steal from someone if the government wouldn’t punish you for it?
2. Would you steal from someone if there was no law against it?
3. If yes, is the only reason you don’t steal because of the punishment?
4. Would you kill someone if the government wouldn’t punish you for it?
5. Would you kill someone if there was no law against it?
6. If yes, is the only reason you don’t kill because of the punishment?
7. Would you assault someone if the government wouldn’t punish you for it?
8. Would you assault someone if there was no law against it?
9. If yes, is the only reason you don’t assault because of the punishment?
10. Would you steal from someone who had a gun, and you didn’t have a gun?
11. Would you steal from someone if you had a gun, and they also had a gun?
12. Would you steal from someone if you had a gun, and they didn’t?
13. Do you think someone else would try to rob you if they had a gun, and you didn’t?
14. Do you think someone else would try to rob you if you had a gun, and that person did as well?
15. Do you think most other people would steal if the government wouldn’t punish you for it?
16. Do you think most other people would murder if the government wouldn’t punish you for it?
17. Do you think most other people would assault others if the government wouldn’t punish you for it?
18. Do you think people would, on the whole, do whatever there wasn’t a law against?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK

@rightsaidfred wrote
Posted this on another board as well.
Survey time, guys. It's for my little sister's Data Management class. Help me/her out?
Answer the questions to the best of your ability.
ONLY ANSWER YES OR NO. No explanations or "maybe" type answers!
For each question, consider a superposition of ALL possible circumstances and situations weighted against each other equally, then give me an answer that reflects your actions MOST of the time/overall.
For example: Would you assault someone? If you wouldn't assault someone randomly on the street just because you could get away with it, but WOULD defend yourself, then your answer would be NO: because overall, you wouldn't be assaulting people.

1. Would you steal from someone if the government wouldn’t punish you for it? no
2. Would you steal from someone if there was no law against it? no
3. If yes, is the only reason you don’t steal because of the punishment? N/A
4. Would you kill someone if the government wouldn’t punish you for it? no
5. Would you kill someone if there was no law against it? no
6. If yes, is the only reason you don’t kill because of the punishment? N/A
7. Would you assault someone if the government wouldn’t punish you for it? yes
8. Would you assault someone if there was no law against it? yes
9. If yes, is the only reason you don’t assault because of the punishment? no
10. Would you steal from someone who had a gun, and you didn’t have a gun? no
11. Would you steal from someone if you had a gun, and they also had a gun? no
12. Would you steal from someone if you had a gun, and they didn’t? no
13. Do you think someone else would try to rob you if they had a gun, and you didn’t? no
14. Do you think someone else would try to rob you if you had a gun, and that person did as well? no
15. Do you think most other people would steal if the government wouldn’t punish you for it? no
16. Do you think most other people would murder if the government wouldn’t punish you for it? no
17. Do you think most other people would assault others if the government wouldn’t punish you for it? no
18. Do you think people would, on the whole, do whatever there wasn’t a law against? no

On the whole I don't see what value could possibly come from answers to these questions, but there you are.
Was this helpful? Yes 0