yconic - Switching from life sceince to health science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Switching from life sceince to health science

A photo of erkk69 erkk69
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how difficult or even possible it is to switch from life science to health science at Mcmaster for second year course selections. ANYONE?? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
I think these are referred to as transfer students, and I believe there's a handful every year or so. On the health science site, there's a Level 2 supplementary, which if I'm not mistaken is specifically for university students/transfers. Also, I get the feeling that transfer students are looked down upon, or so I've heard from the health sci musical, lolol :cat:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Yes it's possible, limited seats though (~20 acceptances). Same process with supp app and 1 full year each of bio and chem. Minimum cumulative average of 9 (on Mac's 12 point scale, which is equivalent to B+/75-79%).
http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/bhsc/admissionslevel2.html

Being a 2nd year transfer is tough though, 2nd year in health sci is already our hardest year and as a transfer, it will be harder because you gotta catch up on 1st year inquiry while taking anat&phys and also taking 2nd year inquiry. Aka group project hell.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erkk69 erkk69
So it is possible.. any idea what type of gpa id need to have at the end of first year? Looked down upon haha. Hardly seems fair :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erkk69 erkk69
Ouch. Thts a hell lot of work. Lets see wat happens. Thnks for the replies styll :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0