yconic - Switching university programs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Switching university programs

A photo of taraY26 taraY26
Is it possible to change Humanities to Life science once i get into the university? I am currently taking grade 12 courses which relates to life science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
From humanities to life science: yes, but certain first year science courses require high school pre-reqs, so if you don't have them, it will take you longer to complete your degree. But if you're already taking them, I don't see why you would go into the humanities in the first place.

From life science to humanities: yes, easily.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i have been taken grade 12, biology, chemistry, English, ad.function, and two other courses. Is calculus really necessary for life science?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Have you checked the prereqs for the classes you'd be interested in taking? They're usually accessible online. Alternatively, you might want to attend a university fair and talk to a recruitment officer about your concerns...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bitetheapple bitetheapple
im in the same position as you
my goal it to get to med school, but im also interested in social sciences
i think ill do a double major ? :s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yes, going to med school is my plan as well. i thought of applying for humanities if my grade 12 result are ok... if they are good, then of course will apply for life science. i hear people saying that you will have to stay one more year in university when you switch program. that will be fine with me as long as i get accepted. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shantana Shantana
I agree with Spengler...I will be taking life science for first year 2011..and I was wondering if I could switch it to something else.My counselor said it is possible ...if I have the prerequisites. But if I don't then that's gonna take much longer to do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bitetheapple bitetheapple
yeah well
i might want to switch from life science to sociology
im so confused right now, cuz im doing so bad in chemistry n i dont want to fail in university! ugh
Was this helpful? Yes 0