yconic - Take a course online or in day school?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Take a course online or in day school?

A photo of iSlam15 iSlam15
Hi everyone just need a bit of help here... I have fast tracked my courses and only need1 more credit to graduate, i need biology. I got an 86 in grade 11 biology day school... but now the the thing is... if i take it this last credit of biology 12 in day school i will be forced by my school to to take 2 more courses as that is there policy. I am only 17 so i cannot be a part time student. In day school, i can take Bio, Gym, Gym, Spare next semester but that would waste a huge amount of time so i was wondering if taking it online through the peel board would be a good idea? Would i be able to achieve a high mark within the 90s? Will universities accept it? Will I learn? i plan on going to McMaster for Health/Life Sci... Thanks!!!!:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of AliBouHamya AliBouHamya
I am currently taking an online course. It is acceptable from the universities and you should easily be able to get 90% if not higher. They are really easy and it can help your average for university. The thing is, you do it on your own time and sometimes you might get lazy and not feel like working. You can learn enough from these courses but you will want to strive to learn because you are doing it individually. A teacher may post videos and lessons but if you want to learn fully, you may want to read from the text book a lot more. If I was in your situation, I would think it is a good idea that you take online. Since Bio is one of your prerequisites, make sure to contact your guidance counselor to send the information to the ouac that you are taking an online course. Hope it helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nehalkazim nehalkazim
Grade 12 Biology is a heavy course, from what I understand. I would consider face-to-face classes (night school? private credits?) rather than online. Have you taken online courses before? I have been on both sides where I have taken an online course (qualitative) and performed really well and took a quantitative course and didn't perform well. That's something I would look into/better understand.

Where are you thinking of doing the online credit?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iSlam15 iSlam15

@nehalkazim wrote
Grade 12 Biology is a heavy course, from what I understand. I would consider face-to-face classes (night school? private credits?) rather than online. Have you taken online courses before? I have been on both sides where I have taken an online course (qualitative) and performed really well and took a quantitative course and didn't perform well. That's something I would look into/better understand.

Where are you thinking of doing the online credit?

Hey, thanks for the reply... I can't do night school because I might be repeating chemistry and have already signed up for that in night school, so im considering online... I will be doing it through the Peel district school board.
Was this helpful? Yes 0