yconic - Taking Business Notes
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Taking Business Notes

A photo of Smothy88 Smothy88
I've had my first few business lectures and was kind of overwhelmed. I had no idea what to copy down and where all this information was coming from. I guess it had to do with analysis. The slides are all online and she would just talk and ask questions so i really didn't know what to copy down.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of BAcc2015 BAcc2015

@Smothy88 wrote
I've had my first few business lectures and was kind of overwhelmed. I had no idea what to copy down and where all this information was coming from. I guess it had to do with analysis. The slides are all online and she would just talk and ask questions so i really didn't know what to copy down.

No worries, a lot of people are in that position.

I found that the key is to read the lecture notes before class. I'm the type of person who furiously writes down as much as what the professor says. Last year, I noticed that a lot of what I had written down was just paraphrased from the lecture notes.

Also, lecture notes in most first-year classes are taken from your textbook. If you read along, most of what your prof says should be somewhere in the book anyway. Pay special attention to when she says "This is a popular exam question" or something along those lines.

If all else fails, visit your university's accessibility office. They usually get student volunteers to take notes. You may be able to get a copy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0