yconic - Taking Grade 12 Biology Online?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Taking Grade 12 Biology Online?

A photo of iSlam15 iSlam15
Hi everyone. Im in grade 12 and have fast tracked many of my courses... I was thinking of taking Grade 12 Biology next semester through the online peel school. Is it possible for me to get a 90+ in online bio? Is it a lot of work? I dont have any other courses to worry about other than chemistry at night school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

Please can anyone give me some guidance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gargamel gargamel
Well I haven't taken the course online, but the course wasn't available second semester at my school so my guidance councilor told me about the ILC program, the credit is equivalent to a high school course, so it wont hinder any university opportunities.

The course works through the ILC office sending your school a booklet for unit 1 which is about 100 pages and at the end of each chapter in the booklet is a key questions section you answer and when done, you mail it back to them, It's really easy to get a 90+, with very little work I got a 92 in the course, minus the exam which is worth 30% (wrote it last week so still waiting for the mark)

here the website if your interested, also ask your guidance councilor, its really worth it and i think its gonna help me a lot to get into bio-med.

http://www.ilc.org/index-main.php
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OnionMage OnionMage

@iSlam15 wrote
Hi everyone. Im in grade 12 and have fast tracked many of my courses... I was thinking of taking Grade 12 Biology next semester through the online peel school. Is it possible for me to get a 90+ in online bio? Is it a lot of work? I dont have any other courses to worry about other than chemistry at night school.

It is VERY possible. I finished Biology 12 in school so I can't really say how hard it is if you take it online. But as long as you ACTUALLY work on bio, it should be fine. I've taken some online courses before and they aren't really all that hard IMO. BTW, I know some people who are taking Bio 12 online and are doing really well. One of them is getting like 99% (although, I don't think that person did the midterm yet). The other did the midterm and got like 85% on it, which is pretty good considering she rushed through most of the "lessons" and assignments.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of OnionMage OnionMage

@fxoqxc wrote
my only question is why would you?

even if it is easier, you're not going to do well in uni if you take the easy way out.. sigh.. all these inflated marks when i spend 3 hours on bio a day -___-.. my homeostasis test alone is 180 pages to know and that equates to like 40 hours of studying.. online courses are probably 40 hours of studying for the whole course. tell me who you think is better prepared for university ;_;

if you're not going into science then by all means

urg....spending 3 hours on bio a day is INSANE. =___= Personally, I think you should just review what you learn in class instead of spending 3 hours trying to get ahead....because even in uni, you won't be able to spend 3 hours on EACH course you are taking and you will have to learn to manage your time wisely. Also, although online courses are pretty easy, you do actually learn from them. I took Socials 11 online and the assignments weren't just "fill in the blank." Most of them were huge essays and projects and you actually had to READ the online textbook to do the assignments, rather than just skim through the text.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of jelly jelly
Go to sleep an hour earlier so you can have the energy to listen for an hour in class? LOL. I always found that I fell asleep too, but if I made the effort to listen through the whole damn thing, it was way more effective than learning it on my own. Of course, this requires a good teacher, which is kinda hard to come across nowadays haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@OnionMage wrote

@iSlam15 wrote

It is VERY possible. I finished Biology 12 in school so I can't really say how hard it is if you take it online. But as long as you ACTUALLY work on bio, it should be fine. I've taken some online courses before and they aren't really all that hard IMO. BTW, I know some people who are taking Bio 12 online and are doing really well. One of them is getting like 99% (although, I don't think that person did the midterm yet). The other did the midterm and got like 85% on it, which is pretty good considering she rushed through most of the "lessons" and assignments.

Are they doing it online through Peel district? Or is it private?
Was this helpful? Yes 0