yconic - Taking the AP Chem exam on Monday! HELP!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Taking the AP Chem exam on Monday! HELP!!

A photo of dOctadOcta dOctadOcta
so my ap chem exam is on monday and i haven't even touched my books but nonetheless, i'm spending my whole weekend on it.

any tips or advice on how to get a 5?

how can i fully study within these 2 days to earn a 5?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@dOctadOcta wrote
so my ap chem exam is on monday and i haven't even touched my books but nonetheless, i'm spending my whole weekend on it.

Practice as much as you can (via practice exams). Focus on the important details. You know the usual dealio. PS: When you say you haven't even touched your books, do you mean AT ALL?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@dOctadOcta wrote

Practice as much as you can (via practice exams). Focus on the important details. You know the usual dealio. PS: When you say you haven't even touched your books, do you mean AT ALL?

uuuh yeah meaning that i haven't even looked at the first page.. but i usually always leave everything to about 1-2 days before a test. i did some practice ap chem exams without studying and got a 3..so if that's without studying i'm hoping with studying i can get a 5. but obvs i'm going to have to study like hella crazy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dOctadOcta wrote

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@dOctadOcta wrote

uuuh yeah meaning that i haven't even looked at the first page.. but i usually always leave everything to about 1-2 days before a test. i did some practice ap chem exams without studying and got a 3..so if that's without studying i'm hoping with studying i can get a 5. but obvs i'm going to have to study like hella crazy

Yeah, most likely. I would suggest you get to it ASAP. The material isn't terribly complicated, but you do have to power through it. Beyond that; just stay calm in the exam and don't panic. I'm sure it'll be ok. Good luck! Btw, just some free advice, don't do this in university. You have no idea how many people get burned this way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of johnmarsh johnmarsh
I like it, There is nothing to worry. Relax
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ yeah that's true. the topics that get me the most are the rate law stuff (thermodynamics i think?) and also kinetics so knowing about the gas states and vapor pressure/freezing point..don't know if i have the right classifications tho. did u also take this exam before? how'd u do

and yeah i've heard procrastination at uni is a big no no LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dOctadOcta wrote
^ yeah that's true. the topics that get me the most are the rate law stuff (thermodynamics i think?) and also kinetics so knowing about the gas states and vapor pressure/freezing point..don't know if i have the right classifications tho. did u also take this exam before? how'd u do

I didn't take it but some of my friends took it; our Chem 12 and AP Chem classes were the same, so that's how I know about the material, and that's the source of most of the advice I gave you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@dOctadOcta wrote

I didn't take it but some of my friends took it; our Chem 12 and AP Chem classes were the same, so that's how I know about the material, and that's the source of most of the advice I gave you.

oohh icic. thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
Dont stress too much, I'm not using my AP psych mark anyways. I'm just gonna use my class mark.

I paid for it so might as well try my best. PS i just started studying psych yesterday so you're not the only one :)

Have Fun and GL on your Chem AP!

Also have to add my friend got a 1 on his AP and was still accepted to every uni he applied for LOL. You just dont have to send in your ap mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Cuiter23 wrote
Dont stress too much, I'm not using my AP psych mark anyways. I'm just gonna use my class mark.

I paid for it so might as well try my best. PS i just started studying psych yesterday so you're not the only one :)

Also have to add my friend got a 1 on his AP and was still accepted to every uni he applied for LOL. You just dont have to send in your ap mark.

Did your friend do the exam for kicks lol i.e. did he go in cold with no prep?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Cuiter23 wrote

LOL a 1?! wow wtf ahahah..

and yeah i spent pretty much the whole day on it today..got like half the stuff to do tomorrow. oh well..just 2 more days and then i'm done wooooo

but the thing is, when i self reported for ubc, i put in all my classes including ap chem..so what do i do? do my ap classes go on my psi (official transcript)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@Cuiter23 wrote

Did your friend do the exam for kicks lol i.e. did he go in cold with no prep?

Yea, he just pit his name on it
Was this helpful? Yes 0