yconic - Tanked advanced function...want your opinion on weather i should retake it or not.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Tanked advanced function...want your opinion on weather i should retake it or not.

A photo of akashcodemaster007 akashcodemaster007
Hi everyone who is reading this message!
I bombed advanced functions class...i am currently in grade 12 and i got 67 in advanced functions. These are my other marks, English - 81, Physics - 83, Computer Engineering - 89. For mc masters it says that advanced function is recommended however not mandatory. So should i retake advanced functions? or can i just make up for it in calculus and vectors.

I have applied to
Waterloo- computer engineering
McMasters - computer engineering
Ryerson - Aerospace Engineering
Queens - Computer engineering
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of brandonholmes brandonholmes
It depends on why you tanked the course. For me, I had a lot going on at the end of the semester and missed a lot of material, which dropped my mark substantially. I'm retaking the course in night school while I do calculus. So far Calc hasn't been so bad, but I genuinely understood the material in AF. If you can say the same, then forget it, from what I can tell understanding of Calc is what you need for university. Work hard, practice the stuff and it'll come. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of akashcodemaster007 akashcodemaster007
thanks brandon...i guess ill jus try my best to get 90-95 in calculus and vectors
Was this helpful? Yes 0